KernelEx - Call for support

Since Xeno has not been seen here in over six months, and as you say he appears to be inactive at sourceforge and the KernelEx home page, perhaps some of the other more senior members here might have suggestions as to how/where to post your work.

Cheers and Regards

- when you start EXPLORER in a new desktop, it doesn't start a new instance, instead, it open a folder, which resides on the explorer's desktop, I don't know if it's an explorer feature of Windows 9x, because in Windows NT, it starts a new instance

Do you mean "Launch folder windows in a separate process"? I can check this on Win ME.

post-266873-0-23377300-1358434860_thumb.

Anyways, if someone that can talk to Xeno, could tell him about me

There's nothing to talk to him about or tell him. You don't need his permission to update this. All you have to do is a find a place to upload the file and users will start testing. Xeno86 has left a long time ago and he doesn't plan on coming back anytime soon. If you are going to based the project off his feedback, then we can call it a dead issue. He's not responding to the Win9x community.

Anyways, if someone that can talk to Xeno, could tell him about me

There's nothing to talk to him about or tell him. You don't need his permission to update this. All you have to do is a find a place to upload the file and users will start testing. Xeno86 has left a long time ago and he doesn't plan on coming back anytime soon. If you are going to based the project off his feedback, then we can call it a dead issue. He's not responding to the Win9x community.

If KernelEx is Open Source then I also don't think that you need Xeno's permission.

I would love if you could do something to enable us to use as modern browsers as possible.

• 1 month later...

Thanks all for the welcome, but don't do false hopes, because I'm still not in the project, the author seems to be inactive, so I'm not able to publish my works over SVN.

Well you haven't made a single attempt to contact me...

Anyway, it's nice to see some developer actually interested in continuing the project.

While I'm not actively developing the project myself anymore, I can help in getting started with the project.

Just PM me.

Thanks all for the welcome, but don't do false hopes, because I'm still not in the project, the author seems to be inactive, so I'm not able to publish my works over SVN.

Anyway, it's nice to see some developer actually interested in continuing the project.

It's great to hear from you, Xeno86!

And nice to see you still keep with us, even if not actively developing any 9x/ME projects anymore.

:hello:

While I'm not actively developing the project myself anymore, I can help in getting started with the project.

Just PM me.

You haven't been on the scene in a while. What do you expect, people to chase you down when you don't want to be found. You abandoned your project that was originally created by LLXX regardless if you rewrote it from scratch. She was and will always be the founder, like it or not. You chose to quit, now you want the praise. Sit your young @$$ down and develop for Win 7 and Win 8 because you are not worthy to speak on Win9x.

You're at it again, Hu$tle. Sometimes, you look at these projects in a negative light. Do you realize how much time and effort was put into it? Xeno could be doing any number of things, but he chose to work for the dwindling 9x community, without any reward to compensate.

If you haven't already, I recommend that you volunteer your spare time into projects such as this, or in your school, or even at a local non profit. This can help open your mind to the importance of working together as a community. And if you don't have that kind of time to spare, then you already understand very well why Xeno and others can't work on projects like this indefinitely. Like you, they have their own lives to attend to, and many other important priorities that sometimes WILL get in the way.

Instead of looking at what they have done for you lately, please try to see it for what they have already given to the community. If you still feel that they haven't given enough, then there's not much else to say.

You haven't been on the scene in a while. What do you expect, people to chase you down when you don't want to be found. You abandoned your project that was originally created by LLXX regardless if you rewrote it from scratch. She was and will always be the founder, like it or not. You chose to quit, now you want the praise. Sit your young @$$ down and develop for Win 7 and Win 8 because you are not worthy to speak on Win9x.

Say hello to LLXX. Rule #7.b

That looks great, Ley0k!

Would someone care to compile his repository, for some of us newbies?

It seems somewhat of a headache to compile. For starters, if you don't have or use the tools thats needed, then one must learn them all. This can be time consuming. I guess we will have to wait for someone to compile it.