Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

What is Registry Editor CodeASU1

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

fixcar1

fixcar1
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-July 11
I need information on what codeASU1 is in my registry editor.
See Attachment

One program tells me it is Bifroze Trojan but that is one program Advance System Optimizer.
Ran ESET online no virus; also Norton; no virus detected.
Malware bytes all ok nothing found.
I need to know if this key is good and what program did this CodeASU1 come from?

Thank you in advance

Lee

Attached Files

Edited by fixcar1, 27 July 2011 - 07:55 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06
The only way to be sure, is to uninstall properly Advanced System Optimizer and see if the reg entry is also removed.

adamt

adamt

Kwisatz Haderach

• PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 26-July 06
You could download Process Monitor from Sysinternals, and run that, looking for what is accessing that key.

Start process monitor with the /noconnect switch (c:\path\to\procmon.exe /noconnect) - which will stop it from instantly logging every single bit of activity from the second it loads.

Add a filter:

If path excludes "CodeASU1" then Exclude. Also, use the 'drop filtered events' option - to stop it from filling up your pagefile.

Now tell it to start capturing events, and from there on, it's a waiting game to see which processes are touching that key.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 10,007 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

It does look to be that virus. Here is more info
http://www.microsoft...n32/Bifrose.ACI

Other user reports online have found problems removing it fully, as MSE and Kapersky (from March 2011) only would do a partial quarantine.

Moving to AV forum, as I can't find a good set of removal instructions that doesn't involve downloading some weird removal tool.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users