No image available during setup

So I started playing with DISM and the other goodies only to run into really stupid problem. I have an image which I delete all but Professional editions from. When I boot from the DVD I don't see anything I could choose after I set the regional stuff. Where I should see like Windows 7 Professional is one blank line and when I click on next, I am being told there is no image setup could install Windows from (it says bit copy in czech, but that is probably just how it is translated from english).

What's wrong? In the image, w7Pro is now index 1, not 4 (of course). Do I need to add something in the unattended file?

Edited by TheWalrus

I'm not sure how you "deleted" the other image indexes. The best bet if you want only one image in the WIM is to do an Export with Imagex.

imagex /export d:\sources\install.wim 4 c:\images\install.wim

That will give you an install.wim with only the Pro image in it.

Maybe I did it that way, I don't remember.

Details for image : d:\Win7_CZ_x32.pokus\sources\install.wim

Index : 1

Name : Windows 7 Professional

Description : <undefined>

Size : 11 420 861 283 bytes

The operation completed successfully.

This seems ok. But setup is screwed.

Oh man I am so stupid. I forgot to delete the other catalog files for other editions and keep only the one generated by SIM.

Lots of double pacepalms this week - and I am not even at the end yet :D

• 2 weeks later...

I exported just Professional edition out of the original source and it works when installed, so it must be something after sysprep part.

Is this the correct command? imagex /compress maximum /flags "Professional" /capture k: e:\install.wim "Windows 7 Professional" K: is the .vhd I installed the system on and which I am capturing, obviously.

edit: trying with C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools>imagex /capture k:\ c:\install.wim /c

heck /compress maximum /verify "Windows 7 Professional" now....

final edit:

SOLVED

had to specify something more in unattended file

Edited by TheWalrus