custom avatars and signatures

WOW, jaclaz, you are always right on target with your picture links!!!

That is a picture of the individual who finished in 11 th place in the Special OlympicsTM 50-yard dash, mentioned in my last post.

He got drunk, passed out for 3 hours, and then got up and crossed the finish line.

I forgot to mention in my last post that it took me 5 hours to finish the 50-yarder, and then I collapsed as soon as I crossed the finish line from the strenuous exertion.

I was told in the hospital that I suffered brain damage from all that anaerobic activity.

Now you know the reason why my posts are so brilliant stupid.

Larry

@LostInSpace2012:

Well, I guess I can make you a new signature, but it's going to take quite some time, I expect. In addition to what I describe in the next paragraph, I've really got a lot of other stuff going on now.

I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and my old NVIDEA graphics card wouldn't fit in the new computer. With the old card, I could choose a screen resolution of 848x480 or 1280x720. These were the only 2 resolutions that made a square created in Photoshop actually look like a square instead of a rectangle. I used the lower resolution. With the new NVIDEA card, only 1280x720 is offered, and everything looks teeny-tiny now. I really can't see details clearly, at all, as I could before. It looks like userbars are now a lost cause, at this point, I guess. Zooming up the image in Photoshop to make it bigger, just makes it look blurry. I've lost the ultra-fine control.

NVIDEA geeks, 1, Larry, 0.

Please post your request in THIS THREAD, because that's what it's for. It gets confusing, for me, jumping back and forth. When I get it done, then you can always make a post on your signature thread, and reference each of the posts involved in the creation here on this thread -- that is, if you want to, of course.

And please provide COMPLETE details as to what you want -- background image, bottle, other images, pixel size of the signature, please go to dafont.com and pick out 2 or 3 True Type fonts you like (and tell me), and I can download them from there, etc., etc -- the whole kit and ka-boodle -- so that I can basically paste everything in to make your signature. That way, it'll be simpler for me, and you'll be sure to get it exactly as you want it.

As of yet, I haven't tried making ANY graphics with my new OS and graphics card, but I think larger images, like the 380x100px MSFN maximum signature size shouldn't be too much of a problem. I hope.

Larry

Edited by larryb123456

WOW, LostInSpace2012, that signature is SUPER-DUPER-FANTASTIC.

It's well-laid out, intelligent, and super-funny.

There is no way I can make anything better in a million years.

The only thing I noticed is that the black border -- if you used a border -- doesn't go on top of the fruit on the lower right of the image -- and also on the top of Darth Vader's helmet. But maybe you wanted it that way (?).

If not, I can easily put the border on top for you in Photoshop and post it here.

Just let me know.

Thanks for congratulating me on getting a bunch of headaches new computer with the GEEK de-evolution of Windows 7.

It be suckin' big time, IMO.

Larry

Edited by larryb123456

thanks Larry, it's alright, I'll just leave the sig alone for awhile. Then go back to peewee or something. Maybe I'll combine peewee and darth.

Thanks for congratulating me on getting a bunch of headaches new computer with the GEEK de-evolution of Windows 7.It be suckin' big time, IMO.
That sucks :-(I know how you feel. At least you've come to a good place to get answers and help :-)

Hello, LostInSpace2012:

Since I now have my new Windows 7 working the way I want it to work, I went ahead and made a signature for you, incorporating Pee-wee Herman into your current Darth + Joy bottle signature, as you suggested that you might do, in an earlier post.

Please don't put any significance in the fact that I put Pee-wee down with the rest of the fruits -- unless you want to, of course -- lol.

I made 2 versions: one without a border, as you have in your current signature: and one with a black border.

Again, I can't over-emphasize enough the fact that you made a fantastically witty/funny image with your current signature.

without border:

darth_peewee_no_border.jpg

with border:

darth_peewee_with_border.jpg

Of course, you don't have to use these if you don't want to.

Larry

P.S. I'm including another version with a border, because the one above doesn't show up on my monitor with a border at the bottom. So, the image below has a 2-pixel wide border at the bottom. It shows up, but it is not as dark as the border at the top and the right side.

darth_peewee_with_border_2.jpg

Added in Edit:

I've found that whether or not I can see the border on my monitor depends on what zoom I have on the page -- that is, how many times I click Ctrl+. At the maximum zoom, I can see the borders clearly on all 3 images.

How does this puzzling (to me) situation look to you?

Edited by larryb123456

I messed up somehow, and the above post was posted 2 times.

So, I edited this duplicated post to remove the text.

Please delete this post.

Sorry.

Thanks,

Larry

Edited by larryb123456

Glad you like it, LostInSpace2012.

If the universe elected a king, I'm sure that Pee Wee Herman

would be elected as

KING OF THE UNIVERSE

and Howdy Doody

would be his QUEEN

(Please don't get into gender-specific issues here.)

Larry

Edited by larryb123456

Well, in exactly 2 months, on July 4, it will officially be the start of winter. Of course, as everyone nose, people shoot off fireworks to celebrate the upcoming frigid weather, in which they can wear their bikinis while doing barefoot skating on the completely frozen-over Pacific Ocean.
As my *bestest* friends on MSFN know, I'm not human, but a very smart, nimble-fingered, chipmunk with an IQ of 47. And I'm now in the process of gathering up nuts to sustain me through the winter, as shown in this black-and-white photograph taken by Ansel Adams.

z_chipmunk.jpg

My mantra while gathering up nuts is very similar to the phrase many basketball players use when they make a 3-point shot:
"See the 3, be the 3".
My nut-gathering mantra is
"See the nut, be the nut."

When I be the nut, that be when I make all my exceedingly brilliant stupid posts on MSFN.

Happy winter, everyone!

Larry

11bof0p.gif

I know who the RETARD is, but under no circumstances -- even if I'm severely tortured -- will I reveal who the RETARD is.

Very sincerely yours,
R          E          T          A          R          D
L          A          R          R          Y          B

Edited by larryb123456

Alexandra Stan is a pretty 24-year old Romanian singer, and I presented one of her international hit songs, "Mr.Saxobeat", in my post at http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/5150-what-are-you-listening-to/?p=1076970

Unfortunately, she was savagely beaten into unconsciousness by her manager, and the extent of her injuries and bruisings is shown in her interview at
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIohRleYXiw
" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIohRleYXiw

As might be expected, all her "management" said was that she was involved in an *accident*.

This incident greatly upset me, and all I'm really able to do, as an artist, is to offer my sympathies in a rather simple image I made, which shows Alexandra, the Romanian map rendered in the colors of the country's flag, along with some heartfelt text that I typed:

zzz_alexandra_stan.jpg

I feel that my message might (?) be felt by Alexandra, in some very small way, perhaps, because I definitely feel that my thoughts of goodwill will enter the collective consciousness, and through that mechanism, they might be received, in some (infinitesimal) degree. Of course, the more people who send positive thoughts of encouragement to her, the greater the effect will be, I assume. In any event, I feel *much, much better*, having expressed my feelings through my simple art image and through my words.

I just finished reading a great book by Alex Grey, "The Mission of Art", and one of my favorite passages from the book seems somewhat relevant here:
"Art is a physical trail left by the state of being that the artist attained and is driven to preserve. When art is a spiritual path, art objects become the reliquaries of insight."

Bless you, Alexandra Stan.

Larry

Edited by larryb123456

As my *bestest* friends on MSFN know, I'm not human, but a very smart, nimble-fingered, chipmunk with an IQ of 47. And I'm now in the process of gathering up nuts to sustain me through the winter, as shown in this black-and-white photograph taken by Ansel Adams.

z_chipmunk.jpg

Larry

I am sorry to give you these news in such a blunt manner :ph34r:, but the picture is IN COLOURS!

As a chipmunk you are obviously seeing it in B&W, or more probably shades of grey.

The good news being ;):

http://reboot.pro/topic/15878-world-is-not-black-and-white/

jaclaz