custom avatars and signatures

Thanks so much, dencorso, for posting this. I definitely found it interesting, beautiful, and enjoyable, as I'm sure others who watched it did, also.

Basically, he takes his individual recorded movement through space and time, copies it numerous times, and translates each copy to a different spatial coordinate, so that at a particular spatial coordinate in the composite, the motion (i.e., the time) is the same. This is most easily seen in the first row of figures in "Stumblers". That is, if you fix your eyes on one place on the pavement, you always have the same motion going on. The rows of stumblers in the background are the same as the first row, only smaller as they recede into the background, obviously. The result is hypnotically beautiful, as everyone can see.

Here is "Stumblers":

23rr81h.gif

"Pictogram", shown below, reminds me very much of a userbar I made a couple of years ago, titled "I am a runner".

"Pictogram":

2n6sqo1.gif

"I am a runner":
1qrfyc.gif

"I am a runner" was made from a 6-frame animated GIF of a figure running in place. The complete details of the construction are given in the post I made about it, at http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/152748-custom-avatars-and-signatures/?p=999961 In short, the GIF was copied 6 times, the copies were spatially translated, and each copy was put out of sync relative to the other copies, as I explain.

In the userbar, you can't see the entire figures, but I show them in their entirety, with details of the construction, in a post I made at http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/152748-custom-avatars-and-signatures/?p=1000447

Here are the complete figures in motion:

28mn58o.gif

Of course, the GIF artist who draws with humans is dealing with many more orders of magnitude in complexity than what I dealt with in making my simple animated GIFs.

Thanks again, dencorso!
Much appreciated!

Larry

• 3 weeks later...
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here is a five-thousand-plus-words post.

one-thousand-plus words:

2z5m80k.jpg

two-thousand-plus words:

11ae8tw.jpg

three-thousand-plus words:

2n7icuw.jpg

four-thousand-plus words:

rhihaq.jpg

and, in conclusion, dog-on-it, doggone computer!!!,
five-thousand-plus words:

b6r4mq.jpg

W          O          R          D          Y

L            A          R          R          Y

BE      H      APP      Y              !

F            I          N          I           S

Edited by larryb123456

• 3 weeks later...
This post is for anyone who has a basketball jones, as characterized by the music post I just made at http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/5150-what-are-you-listening-to/?p=1086864
"jones" is a slang term for a craving, an avid desire or appetite for something.

Here are some userbars I made, over the last couple of years, related to the U.S.A. NBA:

NBA fan

b8l8i.gif

Kobe Bryant

1605rmf.gif

of7omq.gif

2r5yxx1.gif

Jeremy Lin

25yzwvm.gif

Lebron James

2n80fo1.gif

T          H          E

E          N          D

B          Y          E

B          Y          E

F          O          R

N          O         W

Edited by larryb123456

This post is dedicated to the pictorially beautiful Ebola virus:

34rzosx.jpg

mk9dat.jpg

200el2p.jpg

After much thinking and wondering, I developed two insightful, deeply intellectual questions concerning the possibly soon-to-be airborne Ebola virus and its relationship to the airborne WiFi virus, and I posted these questions at http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/171151-first-contagious-wifi-computer-virus-goes-airborne/?p=1087143

Then I posted the very famous song, "Lola", by the Kinks, at http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/5150-what-are-you-listening-to/?p=1087206

To get full appreciation of my deductive reasoning capabilities, please listen to the song "Lola", and then read the rest of this post. (Thanks in advance.)

Then, being inspired by the Universal Consciousness of The Source to pay homage to the Ebola virus -- (which might possibly cause Earth's sixth mass extinction) -- I wrote the following little ditty.

So, please sing it, along with the music of "Lola".

Ebola, by larryb123456:

I met her on a flight from old Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola
Cee-oh-el-aye cola
She sat next to me and she asked for a kiss
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said Lola
El-oh-el-aye Lola la-la-la-la Lola

I kissed her and she said
I'm from Liberia
Li-Li-Li-Li-Beer-Eh-Ah
Li-Li-Li-Li-Beer-Eh-Ah
And I have Ebola
EEE-Bo-La, EEE-EEE-EEE-Bo-La
EEE-EEE-EEE-Bo-La

Well now I'm not the world's most healthy guy
But when she kissed me hard it tasted like slime
Oh my Lola la-la-la-la Lola
And she gave me Ebola
EEE-EEE-EEE-Bo-La

Well I'm not dumb but I can understand
I'll soon be sick and then a goner
Gon-Gon-Gon-Gon-Er, Gon-Gon-Gon-Gon-Er
Thanks to Lola
From Liberia
Li-Li-Li-Li-Beer-Eh-Ah
Li-Li-Li-Li-Beer-Eh-Ah
And Ebola

EEE-EEE-EEE-Bo-La
EEE-EEE-EEE-Bo-La

(Repeat 435 times)
EEE-EEE-EEE-Bo-La
EEE-EEE-EEE-Bo-La

copyright, 2014

larryb123456 Music Publishing Company

Edited by larryb123456

This post has to do with "speaking in tongues":

a14cc3.jpg

oud3pd.jpg

8vyaf7.jpg

mj5v74.jpg

23mu1wi.jpg

Quotes relevant to this post:

"An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox."
Lao Tzu, ancient Chinese philosopher

"A tongue on the move does more than a dozing pancreas."
larryb123456, present-day American Neanderthal Homo sapien,

shown below in a recent photo:

ejwk7q.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I had fun making this userbar, because I had to do a little more creative work than usual, and I used an effect I haven't used before, a flashing background:

z1_European_Football_Fan.gif

The flashing-background effect is simple, but effective, IMO. It's achieved by simply alternating two different backgrounds in the flashing part of the frame sequence in the animation.

I got the 6-frame animated-GIF European Union flag online:

2znvq86.gif

Added in Edit: For some reason the flag doesn't move when posted by itself. I hosted it on two different sites with the same static result. But you can see it waving in the flag/ball animation below.

Added in Edit the next day: I checked out the post before I logged on, and the flag was waving. As soon as I logged on, the flag stopped waving. I guess (?) I just have mysteriously magical telekinetic powers. (So, better be nice to me! -- lol)

Then I got a football (soccer ball) transparent PNG online:

z3_soccer_ball_resized.gif

I converted its image to a six-frame animation by simply rotating the ball 60 degrees clockwise five times successively. The original ball plus the five rotations made 6 frames. Then I reduced the size of the ball and pasted each frame on the corresponding frame in the animated EU flag, positioning the ball in the middle of the circle of stars, to get the image I scrolled in the animation:

z4_flag_ball_revised.gif

I was glad the soccer ball had shadows on it, because as the ball rotated, the rotating shadows tied in nicely with the shadows in the waving flag. That made it appear more like the ball was actually a part of the flag, or that it was being tossed around by the waving flag.

Here are some more userbars I made using the flashing background effect:

z5_Forsaken_Wastes_Player.gif

z6_Jeff_flash_no_name.gif

z7_Jeff_flash_w_name.gif

Edited by larryb123456

• 1 month later...

My last post on this thread was well over a month ago.

Most of my time since then has been spent looking at a picture of the Higgs boson that I found online.

Afer some serious concentratin' and thinkin', I wrote the text on this picture:

Google_text_higgs_simulation.jpg

Finis

Hi, jaclaz:

The Fun Police will get you for sure for that one, for inciting a riot!....a laugh riot!

As far as your sharp sense of humidor....[or should that be humor (?)]....no one can hold a candle to you.

Good thing, 'cause I surely don't want you to get burned!

I'm gonna post your picture here in full view, so that I can refer back to it later instead of having to navigate your spoiler minefield. I'm always a little apprehensive -- (he's the son of his father, BIG APPREHENSIVE, by the way) -- when I open them, because I'm afraid you might show me something that I might not want to see, like Howdy Doody and Pee Wee Herman naked on Broadway during rush hour on a stormy day, in the midst of lightning flashes there, striking the top of the Eiffel Tower, before it was moved to Mississippi to replace the Leaning Tower of Pisa, which fell over laughing at one of your earlier jokes.

Example_Higgs_boson.jpg

I tried to follow the logic, but I've only gotten as far as the first word, "Do", in the upper left of the graphic. It will take me some time to fully understand the full quantum-mechanical, metaphysical, multiversal, fractal, string-theory-analytical, multi-dimensional lessons in that word. In a few months of pondering "Do", I'll be able to move my attention to the second word, "you". And I shall continue on this quest for the complete knowledge that this graphic presents. But I'm going to amend it, so that, at the bottom it will have feedback loops/arrows taking me back to the very beginning. I feel comfortable in doing this, because, ultimately I'll be getting nowhere in this exercise, a sentiment which very well characterizes all the other endeavors in my life. Thank you so much, jaclaz for providing me my life's work with your graphic. How may I repay you? Perhaps by feeding your pet Italian aardvark, Mussolini, a can of Alpo? I'm so glad you named him Mussolini instead of Benito, because I truly love the way my tongue tickles the roof of my mouth when I say, "Mussolini". Try it, and you'll see what I mean.

When it comes to humidor, I am your student, always saying, " Yes, my Italian master, I truly dig what you be sayin' " !!!

Finis

In my music video post at http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/5150-what-are-you-listening-to/?p=1081259

I presented the song, "Nasty Girl", by Vanity 6, in which the primary lyric is:

"I'm living in a fantasy in my own little nasty world."

Since I tend to follow my whims -- (which I'm sure comes as a surprise to everyone who has read my nonsense brilliant posts) --

I followed the whim to incorporate the graphic I made in the last post with my MSFN avatar, and I title it:

"I'm living in a finisy in my own little nasty world."

An alternate title is:

"I'm living in a finisea in my own little nasty world.",

because my avatar kinda looks like it is in a sea of finis.

Just choose the title you like best.

But please don't tell me, 'cause I absolutely don't care about, and don't choose to know, anything you might have on your mind.

Just choose the title you like best, if you want to, of course, but keep it to yourself, and just go on about your business.

And leave me alone, in torment, to suffer in a fantasy/finisy/finisea in my own little nasty world.

Thanks in advance.

Finisy_or_Finisea.jpg

finis

Edited by larryb123456