custom avatars and signatures

Version 4A is almost perfect.

BUT on second thought :blushing: , the poofy effect would be poofier :w00t: if, as soon as the final dot (full stop in "........poof.") all the preceding text diasappears, then only "........poof." remains for a few frames, then it disappears (leaving the whole image blank for a very short time) and the "He's gone" appears and stays lingering for a few more frames before disappearing in the letter by letter method (and this would probably look nicer if done from left to right insead of the current right to left).

jaclaz

The animated GIF userbar I'm presenting in this Post is for all the psychedelic freaks and Op Art fans, http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa403/larryb123456/AniMS016sec80frames255colors350x20pxOOED211KB.gif

AniMS016sec80frames255colors350x20pxOOED211KB.gif

This is a frame-by-frame animation: 80 unique frames, 0.16 sec display time per frame, 255 colors, 350x20px, 211 KB. A 10-frame animated GIF is scrolled vertically on the left side of the userbar at the rate of 4 pixels per frame. "Op Art Fan !!" is also a 10-frame animated GIF.

In addition to all the pretty colors in this animation, I like the fact that you can't tell that the animated GIF on the left side of the userbar is even scrolled vertically. The left side just looks like a psychedelic random color generator. For those of you wanting complete documentation, the 10-frame Op Art Fan resource GIF is shown below, with a 0.16 sec display time per frame, as was used in the above animation (I re-sized the resource GIF a little to use it in the userbar), http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa403/larryb123456/10-frameOpArtFan_ResourceGIF.gif

10-frameOpArtFan_ResourceGIF.gif

The 10 colors for the letters in the "Op Art Fan !!" GIF were taken from a frame in the resource GIF, as shown below, http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa403/larryb123456/Obtaining10colorsfor10-frametitleGIF.jpg

Obtaining10colorsfor10-frametitleGIF.jpg

Starting from the center of the frame we have orange, and moving to the right we have red, purple, gray, blue, dark turquoise, light turquoise, green, greenish-yellow, and orange.

Since the resource Op Art GIF was 10-frame, I made a 10-frame animated GIF of the "Op Art Fan !!" characters (since this phrase has 10 characters) as shown below, http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa403/larryb123456/10framesfortitleGIF.jpg

10framesfortitleGIF.jpg

It's clear from the above JPEG that each frame is generated from the previous frame by simply moving all the character colors, as a unit, to the right by one character. I really like the way the "Op Art Fan !!" colors cycle from left to right as the frames display in the animation.

Andthatsalltherewastoit.gif

I took a little break from what I was working on to make a transparent GIF of bphlpt's closing statement that he puts on his Posts, http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa403/larryb123456/CheersandRegards.gif

CheersandRegards.gif

(bphlpt, you can verify that the background is transparent by e-mailing the GIF to yourself using a non-white background.)

I know that bphlpt won't use it since he's rather conservative, but in the rare case he's ever in a wild and crazy mood, he will have it to use, and since the background is transparent, he can use it on *any* of his forums.

I have a friend who has an HTC Wildfire S smartphone that he likes and proudly owns, and he wanted me to make a userbar for him. So, I came up with the following, http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa403/larryb123456/AniMS010sec80uniqueframes255colors350x19pxOOED201KB.gif

AniMS010sec80uniqueframes255colors350x19pxOOED201KB.gif

This is a frame-by-frame animation: 80 unique frames, 0.10 sec display time per frame, 255 colors, 350x19px, 201 KB. The smartphone JPEG is scrolled vertically at the rate of 2px per frame, since it is tall, at 83px. The relatively fast 2px per frame scrolling rate keeps the total number of frames in the animation low. The background with the moving scanline pattern is a 2-frame animated GIF, which I've used before in a few animations.

I am pleased with the "choreography" of the letter pulsations on "HTC" and "owner".

@ bphlpt:

Glad you like the transparent GIF.

I guess I'll just have to watch your Posts to see if you use the animated or the "static" closing line.

This dilemma can be solved if, at the end of your Posts, you ask yourself, "What would Steve Martin do?"

With tomorrow being a national election day in the United States, I thought it appropriate to make a userbar for Barack Obama, who's seeking a second 4-year term as President (this comment is just a little FYI for non-USA members and visitors to the site), http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa403/larryb123456/AniMSUB009sec80uniqueframes255colors350x19pxOOED173KB-1.gif

AniMSUB009sec80uniqueframes255colors350x19pxOOED173KB-1.gif

This is a frame-by-frame animation: 80 unique frames, 0.09 sec display time per frame, 255 colors, 350x19px, 173 KB. The U.S.A. flag (a 5-frame animated GIF) and the Obama JPEG are scrolled vertically at the rate of 1 pixel per frame.

I really like this image of Obama, who is smiling as if he has already won the election.

The phrase "Yes We Can !" is an Obama slogan from his 2008 Presidential campaign and I used it in the userbar -- (rather than his current, 2012, slogan "Forward !") -- since it has 11 characters, the same number as Barack Obama has. These 11 characters allowed me to do an interesting (IMO) choreography: as the letters in Barack Obama are "pulsed" forward, the characters in "Yes We Can !" disappear *precisely* in the reverse direction, and vice versa. This choreography would not be as precise with "Forward !", which has 10 characters. I think I could have used "Forward !" and no one would have noticed the lack of preciseness because of the speed of the letter pulsations and letter disappearances, but, being something of a perfectionist, I used the precise "Yes We Can !".

Andthatsalltherewastoit.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Barack Obama quotes:

"If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress."

"I'm a warrior for the middle class."

“A change is brought about because ordinary people do extraordinary things.”

“You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.”

“Why can't I just eat my waffle?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was getting ready to make a Post when I saw a bug crawling around on the MSFN page. I chased after it and confined it between the 2 dashed horizontal lines below. I think that will corral it pretty good because the bug is apparently too stupid to realize it could escape my trap by simply going out the left or right side. The bug just seems content to meander around in a path similar to the infinity symbol, InfinitysymbolonMSFNbkg-1.png. We'll just have to keep an eye on it.

1100x75.gif

I checked back in to see if the bug I trapped in my Post # 402 had escaped the confines of the 2 dashed horizontal lines. Not only was the original bug still there, but 2 additional bugs were also trapped. My guess is that these 2 additional bugs were on a rescue mission to free the first bug, but when they entered the 2-dashed-horizontal-line "zone", their IQs were reduced to zip-nada and they also were unable to escape. All 3 bugs just seems content to meander around in a path similar to the infinity symbol, InfinitysymbolonMSFNbkg-1.png. We'll just have to keep an eye on this developing situation.

2_1100x75R90CWM.gif

1100x75.gif3_1100x75R90CWMR45CWFV.gif