Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

custom avatars and signatures

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
708 replies to this topic

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,739 posts

http://www.urbandict... those who dont

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,695 posts

Donator

P          R          E          T          T          Y

B          E          A          U          T          Y

NO       T          A          L           E          NT

A          M         A          Z            I          N'

S           I          M          P           L          E

M          I           N          D           E          D

I           D           I          O           T          2

F          U          N          K           Y           3

L          A          R          R           Y           B

B          Y          E          B           Y           E

F          O          R         N           O          W

B          E           H         A          PP          Y

next_level.gif
  • larryb123456 likes this
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

larryb123456

larryb123456

Confused but Happy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Donator

@jaclaz:

Regarding your post at http://www.msfn.org/...ures/?p=1081829

Sorry to inform you, jaclaz, but you are WRONG !!!

(lol)

Boom Boom and Ugga Ugga are NOTrepetetive personalities.

It's true that Boom Boom and Ugga Ugga are both prehistoric cavemen,

but Boom Boom is Cro-Magnon while Ugga Ugga is Neanderthal,

the only Neanderthal to escape extinction.

jaclaz, you are WRONG !!!

I just don't understand why it gives me so such pleasure to tell jaclaz that he is wrong.

Edited by larryb123456, 08 July 2014 - 06:53 PM.

new_MSFN_static_signature.jpg

" What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality."  Plutarch

larryb123456

larryb123456

Confused but Happy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Donator

@Kel:

Regarding your post at http://www.msfn.org/...ures/?p=1081830

Nine of my ten distinct, separate personalities completely understood what you were saying in your original post at http://www.msfn.org/...ures/?p=1081826.

And when Ugga Ugga explained it to Einstein, all ten then knew,

and to celebrate their complete understanding,

each personality got drunk

and passed out.

Edited by larryb123456, 08 July 2014 - 06:54 PM.

larryb123456

larryb123456

Confused but Happy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Donator

@Trip:

Regarding your post at http://www.msfn.org/...ures/?p=1081837

Thanks so much for promoting me to the

NEX TLEVEL

as you characterize it in your graphic.

I had been at the

NEX SLEVEL

for so long, that I thought that I'd never advance.

To celebrate my accomplishment,

I think I'm going to get drunk,

pass out,

and then fall into a coma.

Edited by larryb123456, 08 July 2014 - 06:54 PM.

larryb123456

larryb123456

Confused but Happy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Donator

I am making this post to announce the fact that this is a milestone for me, my 700th post.

And it will be official at the "NOW" moment at which this post will be added to this thread.

97tu2b.jpg

Of course, each post that I make in the following moments of "NOW" will increase my post total -- (as indicated by the post number below my avatar) -- by one, of course.

Of course,

when I make an infinite number of posts, the above statement will no longer be true, since

infinity + 1 = infinity,

of course.

So, the post number "700" won't be around for long, I'm sure,

unless Mother Nature steps in and kills me with a heart attack or some other sick scheme,

which She might have tucked under Her petticoat.

To celebrate this momentous 700th-post occasion, my conjoined twin Scuzzy and I are jumping for joy in the sunset, as shown below. Scuzzy is on the right and I'm on the left. Scuzzy and I are forever joined at the lower two leg bones, the tibia *and* the fibia. Due to the complicated nature of the bone entanglements, a surgical separation was not possible. Scuzzy and I have learned to live together, and I've learned to tolerate him, even though he always has horrendously bad breath. Scuzzy is so much smaller than me because he is seven years younger than me. (It was a very difficult delivery for Mom. Those details are perhaps best left for a later post.)

ve418o.jpg

L          A          R          R          Y          &

S          C          U          Z           Z          Y

S          A          Y          B          Y          E

F          O          R          N          O          W

Edited by larryb123456, 10 July 2014 - 05:24 PM.

larryb123456

larryb123456

Confused but Happy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Donator

waik2x.jpg

Of course, the word "God" has a different meaning for everyone.

So, the above message will apply to whomever your God happens to be.

Edited by larryb123456, 10 July 2014 - 05:19 PM.

larryb123456

larryb123456

Confused but Happy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Donator

I helped develop dencorso's current signature, during many e-mail and PM exchanges between us, over the past few years. It was an absolute pleasure for me to work with this extremely intelligent, perceptive, and kind MSFN member. dencorso gave me permission to share this development with you.

My motivations for making this post are twofold:
#1 -- to show how this development slowly progressed
#2 -- to share with you and other Photoshop graphic designers a technique I came up with to obtain a perfectly-smooth linear color-gradient fade over a region, analytically, rather than visually

Originally, dencorso had as his signature only the Supercharged Windows 9X userbar as shown in the top image in the following graphic. I had absolutely nothing to do with making this image and I don't know where dencorso got it.

dencorso_original.png

On Jan.17, 2012, I pointed out to dencorso that the 2 Ws in the word "Windows" were not of the same pixel font, but that they were different. And I showed the 2 different versions that would have consistent letters, V1 and V2. We agreed that V2 would be best, since the internal, slanted legs of the Ws would fit in better with the slanted legs of the Rs in "Supercharged" and the X in 9X. So, dencorso used V2 as part of his signature for a couple of years, even after a new addition was made, as discussed immediately below.

On August 17, 2012 dencorso asked me to make an "Unstoppable Windows XP" userbar -- (he came up with that great title) -- to add to his Supercharged Windows 9X signature. He wanted the blue to be taken from the XP taskbar and he wanted to include the XP logo. And he wanted an image in the userbar. As a first thought, he suggested a cloud. But I thought a lightning bolt would be more dynamic and tie in better with the word "Unstoppable". dencorso liked that idea. I had an animated GIF of a lightning flash, and I picked out a frame from it to get a general idea of a valid shape, and I force-fit that shape to fill up the space to the left of the XP logo. But it took much experimentation to characterize the fractal, bifurcation (fork-like) nature of lightning (with the purplish outline that I used, and all). dencorso provided great suggestions about lightning characteristics to help me out. I developed a version rather quickly that dencorso used. But, as time went on, I returned to look at dencorso's signature again and again, with "fresh eyes", and I'd invariably find ways to improve the lightning bolt. Finally, on November 11, 2012 I made the final version of the XP userbar, version 7. Of course, the top userbar, Supercharged Windows 9X, remained unchanged from its previous version.

dencorso_stacked9_XXPsignature_V7.jpg

dencorso is a perfectionist about his graphics, a great quality of his, and as time went on, an aspect of his (formerly perfect, in his opinion) Supercharged Windows 9X userbar began to bother him, more and more, and on May 7, 2014 he PM'd me saying, "There's a boot in my userbar!" and he made this graphic to show me exactly what he meant:

dencorso_boot_in_9_X_userbar.jpg

He asked me if I could remove the boot. This would have been an easy task had I been the one to have made the original graphic, since I would have had each component of the userbar on separate Photoshop layers. So to make the change, I followed the approach of deconstructing the problematic area and then reconstructing an improved version. (In retrospect, I would have removed the *entire background* from the right side of the 9X logo all the way to the extreme right side of the userbar, and then replaced it with a perfectly smooth linear-gradient fade.) But, somehow (?), at the time, I didn't think of it, and I made many unsuccessful attempts at deconstructing and reconstructing.

In version 5, I was getting close. I eliminated the yellow glow on the right side of the 9X logo, which dencorso approved, and pretty much filled the problematic area with the background color near the bottom of the ellipse layer. But the color transition under the word "Supercharged" was not smooth enough, as you can see here:

dencorso_new_signature_V5.jpg

And then I made 2 more versions that were not perfect enough. Finally, dencorso suggested, "take, on one hand, the orange below the "S" in "SUPERCHARGED" as the lighter hue and, on the other hand, the orange below the "D" as the darker hue, and create a degrade going from "S" to "D", so that the change takes place very gradually, along the whole word "SUPERCHARGED."

So, it was then that I thought of an analytical (i.e., mathematical) way to do this, a "trick" that I'd never used before. (I looked online to see whether or not this was a "standard" approach, and I didn't find anything about it. It seems so very simple to me, now, in retrospect.)

Here is a summary of my approach in making version 8, the final version:

At the "S" under SUPERCHARGED, r,g,b = 255,205,110 -- 0%
At the "D" under SUPERCHARGED, r,g,b = 255,142,40 -- 100%

To look at it in another way, from 0% to 100%, the color components vary as:
r goes from 255 to 255
g goes from 205 to 142
b goes from 110 to 40

So, I broke up the *individual* component r,g,b value ranges into 5 parts, to specify the r,g,b values to use at 0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100% in the Photoshop linear-gradient editor (we already know the values at 0% and 100%):

for r, 255, 255, 255, 255, 255, 255
for g, 205, 192, 180, 167, 155, 142
for b, 110, 96, 82, 68, 54, 40

And then I applied the linear-gradient tool over the "S" to "D" background region to make version 8, the final version:

dencorso_new_signature_V8_final_version.

And as I told dencorso, I consider him to be the *major* co-creator of this improved, sans boot, Supercharged Windows 9X userbar.

Andthatsalltherewastoit.gif

Larry

Edited by larryb123456, 20 July 2014 - 05:20 AM.

dencorso

dencorso

Adiuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Super Moderator
  • 5,778 posts

Donator

From the start, it sure an interesting collaboration, which I've enjoyed very much. :yes:

But,  when it comes to graphics, make no mistake, I may have even helped, but Larry is the one and only!  worship.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN