custom avatars and signatures

@larryb123456

The .gif produced is very nice :).

But I have to agree with dencorso :w00t: (limited to this specific case ;)).

Though normally I am very nice guy :angel , from time to time, and expecially with friends, I like to mock them a little.

The "whistling" in itself is already a form of that, but in "severe" cases, the "whistling smiley" needs to avoid the "reaction".

The "left" part of the .gif you made is PERFECT :thumbup (maybe the actual whistling before the ducking could be a little shorter).

The "right" part is almost perfect, but the smiley actually smiling after having completely missed the "whistling smiley" kind of spoils the effect.

I had expected that the the thrown object would have come "out of nowhere", but I like the idea of the actual thrower entering the field of view, only it must appear already upset (and that is why it throws the object) before throwing the object and frustrated after having thrown it and having missed the target.

The "character" that enters from the right must be angry when it enters the field of view, like:

realmad.gif

and "frustrated/disappointed" when it exits the field of view after having missed the "whistling guy", like:

wacko.png

Additionally when the "whistling smiley" comes out again after the ducking it should be extremely satisfied as it managed to both provoke the reaction and avoid the consequences of it, more like:

smiling9.gif

The key to the animation storyboard is that it has to be used when something intentionally provoking, possibly catty, or naughty or absurd has been stated.

See here the post that made me think of the *need* of such an emoticon:

(Fuwi has since 2008 developed a nice tool - based on the HP USB formatting utility - to properly format/make bootable USB sticks and is thus possibly one of the top experts on the tool and it's behaviour ;))

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=21702&hl=

Thank you very much for the time that you dedicate to my "queer" requests.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

And I'll keep agreeing with jaclaz :w00t: (except for a small detail, of course ;)).

Additionally when the "whistling smiley" comes out again after the ducking it should be extremely satisfied as it managed to both provoke the reaction and avoid the consequences of it, more like:

smiling9.gif

I dont think that's the best option. But perhaps :P might be the right choice... dubbio.gif

Moreover, the thrown thing might very well splash on the wall, behind the ducking smiley, before it rises again...

@jaclaz:

I just glimpsed your Post before I Posted this one and there is no way now (or if ever) I can piece it all together. I used all I could from your magician/poof GIF, so many your criticisms of my rock/whistle GIF apply to his also. You are making this much, much, too complex, IMO. I'll try to read your Post tomorrow. In the meantime, if you want, you can work on your precise choreography -- which you don't have yet -- not by a long shot !!! To be honest, I see shades of Devil Text, and in my present state of tirednedness, I don't know if I want to proceed. But tomorrow's another day.

If I recall correctly from a cursory look at the left-side emoticon when the magician "poofed" (i.e., disintegrated) him with his magic wand, this, indeed, might be the way to go for him to get flattened as the rock goes overhead and then to reassemble afterwards. I think I like that solution a lot. I can incorporate "whistle" -- and other stuff if you want -- before and aft. The left-side frames are already there to use and it's amazing how many different-colored disintegrating pixels are *scattered* about.

So, as a first step in formulating your choreography, think about that route. Watch your original "magician" animation over and over to get ideas for yours.

This might not be a difficult project at all, if you don't let dencorso jump in and muddy up the water. :D

I have not the graphic capabilities to produce a storyboard, a textual screenplay should do anyway :unsure: .

There are two characters:

1. Sarcasm (in the following abbreviated to S)
  2. Victim (in the following abbreviated to V)

The scene is a "transparent background".

1. Before the scene takes place S has said something sarcatic, naughty, snappy, provoking, catty etc. to V.
  2. The scene opens on S (on the left) that is therefore whistling :whistle: trying to look innocent/indifferent/detached.
  3. V is obviously upset/angry/exasperated at S and enters the scene (from the right) in such an altered status of mind :realmad: .
  4. Suddenly V extracts an object (the object could be a ball, but better a knife or a pie) and throws it towards S.
  5. S who was only seemingly minding his own business but actually very attentive to the movements of V, quickly ducks, thus making the thrown object miss him (the object may end it's trajectory outside the scene or splat/crash on a "wall" on the very left side of the scene).
  6. V is surprised and deluded :wacko: of having missed his intended target and exits sadly :( the scene on the right.
  7. S straightens up with a large smile on his face smiling9.gif (having successfully avoided to have been hit) and optionally either shows his tongue in mocking fashion at V tongue.gif or downright mocks him explicitly harhar.gif

The scope is to convey the idea that what has been said by S is intentionally (and jokingly) said to provoke a reaction from V .

Now, for NO apparent reason :w00t::

Goosemotiv.jpg

jaclaz

@ jaclaz & dencorso:

With regard to the Spoiler pic, if you're warning someone you don't like to duck, the proper expression is "Duck, Turkey!"

Jaclaz, I think you did a great job with your Alfred Hitchcock screenplay. I got tied up with other stuff and couldn't address your Post appropriately. I will though. Now, I'm looking online for some character actors (i.e., emoticons) to star in your production. IMO, a good cast will make all the difference. I mean, you want Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall, not Elmer Fudpucket and Ima Loser !

Discussion to follow in due time. (Because of all my other stuff going on.)

@ jaclaz:

These are just my initial reactions to your screenplay, Post # 424. Please, please, pretty please, don't take *each* of my comments and try to come up with 50 "Yes, but" or 50 "And then add that" for *each* comment. The idea is to simplify, not "complexify". As I said, I'm looking for good expressive emoticons to convey what you want -- not to *deviate* from what you want. By finding good emoticons, I won't have to re-invent the wheel. I've found some good ones so far. I should have a little more free time now to work on this.

As Leonardo Da Vinci said, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."

As far as S and V, I kept forgetting which was which, so I'll just call the characters L (i.e., left side) and R (i.e., right side), as Forrest Gump told me to do. I'm glad you put your scenario in numbered steps, because I can respond to the numbered items..

1. IMO, there isn't a way that anyone would know what transpired before the first scene opens. I think everything motivational needs to be shown. The first scene opens with L onstage by himself. Then L needs to demonstrate that he's doing something sarcatic, naughty, snappy, provoking, catty etc. *in the direction* of the right side of the stage. (A possibility is that L, immediately after that, could then hold up a little sign with small aliased lettering saying something to the effect "He's a jerk !" Then the sign quickly disappears. The font will be something like aliased Arial.) This should imply to the viewer that there is someone, yet unseen, on the right side.

Jaclaz, at the end of your Post where you say "The scope is to convey the idea that what has been said by L is intentionally (and jokingly) said to provoke a reaction from R.", even Karnac The Magnificent in a million years could not have deduced that from what you said in 1 through 7. It's easily remedied though. In 1 above, change the text on the sign to "Your mama wears combat boots!" which everyone knows is a joking expression used to get someone's goat. After the sign quickly disappears, L downright mocks R explicitly as in 7 below, but we need another such mocking emoticon (we don't want to repeat ourselves). Is it OK to use the obviously mocking emoticon for mooning (i.e., the act of displaying one's bare buttocks by lowering the backside of one's trousers and underpants, and bending over)? That's a funny one. If its not OK to use it, I'm sure I can find another mocking one. We can dispense with the sign all together, I guess, if we find an *undoubtedetly-mocking-in-good-humor" emoticon. I kind of like the sign though, because that would make the performance somewhat unique. It's your decision, of course, to eliminate the sign or not. Thus, the performance begins with L mocking R in 1 and ends with L mocking R in 7. L definitely triumphs in this screenplay, in every aspect.

2. Then L tries to look innocent/indifferent/detached by whistling as if he didn't do anything unseemly at all.

3. R is obviously upset/angry/exasperated at L and enters the scene (from the right) in that state of mind.

4. Suddenly R extracts an object (the object could be a ball, but better a knife or a pie) and throws it towards L. I saw a *fantastic GIF* of a red brick being thrown, and I think that should be used, because there would be no doubt as to what the object was. Also, the red of the brick would tie in well with the angry, red face of R at this point.

5. L who was only seemingly minding his own business but actually very attentive to the movements of R, quickly ducks, thus making the thrown object miss him (the object may end it's trajectory outside the scene or splat/crash on a "wall" on the very left side of the scene). IMO, more effective -- (and, believe me, a lot easier to render) -- for the brick to end its trajectory *outside* the scene and also more in line with R who entered the stage from *outside* the scene. Also, L ducks by disappearing downward *out of the scene* either completely or just enough for the brick to miss him. I think it's best for L to completely duck out of the picture, because then R will be onstage by himself so full attention can be given to R as in 6.

6. R is surprised (OK, need to find emoticon for surprised) and [deluded -- (I don't like your symbol for deluded; it's not clear what that expression means)] frustrated and disappointed at having missed his intended target. Need those latter 2 emoticon -- i.e., for "Darn it!". R exits sadly the scene on the right.

7. L straightens up renters the arena moving upward (i.e., the opposite of how he ducked out of the picture) -- (tentatively at first, and looking around, because he doesn't know if R is going to throw another brick). When he's sure another brick isn't on its way, he has a large smile on his face and maybe :thumbup having successfully avoided being hit. Love your emoticon for "downright mocks him explicitly" !!! (That's what I meant by getting a good cast of emoticon characters. Since the emoticon dialogue is from right to left and left to right, I need a bunch of emoticons facing left or right (of course, I can flip them horizontally as need be), and I've found quite a few so far.

1. Karnac The Magnificent just sent me an e-mail, and he was quite upset and p***ed off by your assuming he wouldn't have understood that, he expressely said how it took him a split nanosecond (and not a million years).

The meaning of "before" is that point 1 does NOT belong to the scene and needs NOT (and should NOT) be graphically represented in it, point 1 happens BEFORE and OUTSIDE the animated scene, rest assured that I perfectly know how to provoke such a reaction on the other part verbally ;).

I have to make my compliments to you for your analysis and creativity about point 1, that is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out layout. worship.gif

Overruled.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104952/quotes?qt=qt0404534

2. OK

3. OK

4. OK, the red brick is perfect! yahoo.gif

5. OK

6. OK. For "surprised" see if either of these would do. icon_eek.gif:blink:

7. OK

As an alternative for the "ducking" and "re-appearing" in #6 and #7 one could use the "squeezing" movement that you can find in this emoticon infomilies10.gif (of course without the bar clamp) :unsure:.

Thanks for the time you spend on this small project :).

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

It is clear that we know 2 different Karnac The Magnificents.

I had the World Police Authorities investigate and, indeed, your Karnac is an imposter (i.e., one who engages in deception under an assumed name or identity).

Thus, my previous conclusion in the indented text under 1 in my Post # 427 (i.e., even Karnac The Magnificent in a million years could not have deduced that from what you said in 1 through 7) still stands, unaltered.

Forrestreversedisappear_version1.gif

With regard to the second paragraph in your Post, there's no need for you to get so *defensive*. I was just casually throwing out a few ideas with the signs, etc.

OK. 1 does not belong in the scene, so we start with 2.

I'm still not clear on what you want.

Is this below OK for 2 ? (If not, write out precisely what you want.)

2. The first scene opens with L onstage by himself. Then L demonstrates that he's doing something sarcatic, naughty, snappy, provoking, catty etc. *in the direction* of the right side of the stage. Then L tries to look innocent/indifferent/detached by whistling as if he didn't do anything unseemly at all.

With regard to your point 6 (i.e., surprised) I'll use much better emoticons.

The squeezing emoticon is interesting, but I'll use the ducking down out of the picture and re-appearing as I described earlier.

I want to have all the steps in this production animated, if possible. My next Post will be to *isolate* all these steps, individually, and show them visually as A, B, C, D, etc. for you to see and approve. Then I can make the final animation as A + B + C + D, etc.

Larry, you must not have been reading jaclaz's posts over as many years as many of us have. (Like dencorso, I have been known to jump in where I'm not wanted, but I'm VERY confident that jaclaz will set me painfully straight if necessary.)

Maybe a way to think of (1) and (2 - 7) are as parts II and III respectively of a 3 act play.

Act I - Another member either:

--- asks a question with a ridiculously obvious answer

--- asks a question that has been already answered, typically in the same thread

--- poses a situation which is impossible or extremely unlikely

--- breaks or bends a board rule, or a rule of common decency

--- answers a question using any of the above faults

--- or does anything else to insult, tease, antagonize, or aggravate poor jaclaz

Act II - jaclaz responds verbally with something sarcatic, naughty, snappy, provoking, catty etc. to the other member's statement

--- this is (1) above, so even though it is out of frame from the .gif, it will usually appear visually right next to it so it will be very obvious to anyone reading jaclaz's response that they go together, completing the play

--- this is in the same manner such as someone posting a mild insult immediately followed by (j/k)

Act III - the .gif

--- this fulfills (2 - 7) showing that jaclaz knows that he just said something to provoke the other member and expects, and probably deserves, a response, but he was at least mostly kidding

--- it is therefor not necessary in the .gif that L 'demonstrates that he's doing something sarcatic, naughty, snappy, provoking, catty etc. *in the direction* of the right side of the stage' and the .gif can open directly with L looking 'innocent/indifferent/detached by whistling as if he didn't do anything unseemly at all'.

I hope that makes sense.

CheersandRegards.gif

EDIT: And of course, now that I've joined the conversation...

I think it would be neat to modify 7 just a little such as:

7. L renters the arena moving upward (i.e., the opposite of how he ducked out of the picture) -- (tentatively at first, and looking around, because he doesn't know if R is going to throw another brick). He then looks at the "audience" with an expression of (wide-eyed blinking innocence, confusion, who me?, why did he do that?) then winking at the "audience" (admitting he knows darn well why that brick was thrown). Then, when he's sure another brick isn't on its way, he has a large smile on his face and ... etc

That is strictly my 2 cents, and of course this is being made for jaclaz so his opinion is the one that counts.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. -- I should have kept my big mouth shut. LOL :)

Edited by bphlpt

@ bphlpt :

I *ignored very, very, very, very, very, very quickly scanned your Post* because jaclaz had already approved everything in his Post # 429 (except for my question concerning 2 in Post # 430). I say this because my mind and efforts are *already set* in these directions, and I'll be damned if I'm going to ping-pong all around following jaclaz's *additional* whims -- (and he knows this, since I've said before that once items are approved and I put effort in, there is no going back, no re-dos, etc., etc.) -- or comments from the MSFN Peanut Gallery.

I have a great idea:

Since jaclaz said in his Post # 429 that this is a "small project" -- (how he can say this I haven't a clue since I don't think he knows the intricate details of putting together an animated GIF) -- you, jaclaz, and dencorso could make the GIF yourselves.

If this helps, my animator is Jasc Animation Shop version 3.11.

+2, +3, +4, +5, +6, +7, +8, +9, and +10. :angry:

Edited by larryb123456

Sorry you are having a bad day Larry. No offense was meant. From our working together I should have known not to add an unasked for addition to your workload for a project that I wasn't a part of. My additional suggestion above has been struck as a result. Still friends?

But the real reason for that post was not to add work on you, but to clarify my understanding of (2), which you agree that jaclaz did not approve of your interpretation. I believe that your description of (2) in your last post, #430, is not correct. If you would please take a calming breath then reread my interpretation, I think you will understand. And it will actually end up being less work than you have currently outlined in #430 since you will be able to skip this part - Then L demonstrates that he's doing something sarcatic, naughty, snappy, provoking, catty etc. *in the direction* of the right side of the stage. - since jaclaz has repeatedly stated that is not necessary.

That's all I have to say. I'll let you and jaclaz determine the best way for the two of you to proceed.

Cheers and Regards

Oww, comeon guys, take it easy :).

It's only some fun, I called it a "small project" not because it is "easy" (if it was I would have already created the animated scene in .gif, in 17 different versions by myself), I called it "small" because it is nothing "vital", or "important" or "*needed*", it's just fun that hopefully we are having together :yes: .

My view on point #2 is:

2. The first scene opens with L onstage by himself. Then L demonstrates that he's doing something sarcatic, naughty, snappy, provoking, catty etc. *in the direction* of the right side of the stage. Then L tries to look innocent/indifferent/detached by whistling as if he didn't do anything unseemly at all.

the "sarcatic, naughty, snappy, provoking, catty etc." already happened BEFORE, in #1 (and as said I know how to make that quite well). :whistle:

Practical examples :w00t::ph34r: :

#1: @bphlpt

you-you-stfu-military-funny-pointin.jpg

#2 @bhplt

demotivational_posters_shut_the_hell_up_Motovotianal_Posters_6-s492x450-99834-580.jpg

You might appreciate how in example #1 I have to duck when bhplt throws the brick, while in #2 I have to be really quick and dodge also the brick larryb123456 is likely to throw at me, the English proverb is "To get two birds with one stone" if I remember right ..... :lol:

And now, an animated .gif where a character enters from the right and hugs the one on the left:

hug.gif

We are friends :wub: , remember?

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz