Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Build PC rebooting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Strider

Strider

• 18 posts
When I load a certain model of PC (Dell 760) into lite touch through network boot, it reboots itself before it gets as far as bringing up the menu to select a TS.

The boot image works fine for other models of PC, I'm using MDT2010SP1.

It kind of partially boots as the background changes to the blue image, but then it reboots.

I've injected all drivers into the deployment share and thus into the boot image.

How can I stop this?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,252 posts
By adding a network driver to the PE that allows the Dell to work. It's rebooting because it didn't get an IP address, thus can't connect to the deployment server/share, and reboots (silently). You would only see this in the logs, but that is what is happening.

In fact, simply blindly injecting all drivers into one folder is actually a bad idea, and could actually be part of the problem. You should be JIT injecting drivers based on Make\Model, and using a selection profile for WinPE-specific drivers (and injecting that selection profile *only* into your PE images when they are built, updating as necessary). Thankfully Dell has broken out it's driver packages to be used in this manner quite easily:
http://www.delltechc...bid=nVpvfeVg5xD
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

Strider

Strider

• 18 posts
I obtained every driver imaginable, XP and W7, yet still this PC reboots once you see the screen "Microsoft Solution Accelerators"

I've tried another PC of the same model and it's fine!

Edited by Strider, 17 August 2011 - 04:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN