Need new router + repeater

What kind of area are we talking about here if you think you need a repeater? N band already has a large broadcast area.

What exactly are your requirements?

I have a Linksys Dual Band (G and N) router. I have not notice it ever getting hot or even warm.

I second Trip's choice on Linksys. I've got three models and all are working since I've set them up without me fiddling with them (mind you, first step after unpacking them was to put dd-wrt firmware on all of them), nor heating up.

nitroshift

Another vote for LINKSYS. They are IMHO for the money the BEST. I had been using a hardwired router (BEFSR41) with switch (EZXS16W) and printer server (EPSX3) for years when they all first came out and have NEVER had a problem with them. They stack real nice also, and with the ease of setting them up it's truly the only way to go. I now have a Linksys Router (WRT54GL) for all the wireless laptops we have and have had absolutely no problems. I still have a box of Linksys (BRAND NEW) LNE100TX nics still from a purchase in 2004 just waiting as backups for a failure which hasn't happened yet. So ya, if you want your money's worth go LINKSYS!!

jd