Visual C++ 2005 redistributable (x86) Atl. update deleted by mistake

helppls

Like a lot of people who have bought Canon printers I too am now getting "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime LibraryRuntime ErrorProgram:C:\Windows\System 32|rundll32.exeR6030CRT not initialized" come up when I go to use the printer.

Having searched the web I saw a number of people attributing the fault to Microsoft Visual 2005 with the answer supposedly in deleting and then downloading again. I did this but (foolishly?) also deleted :

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributable (x86) Atl. update 8.0.5.50727.4053

When I went to the Microsoft site to download it I typed in the name and got "Not found".

I believe this is a security update but, as I also have 2008 and 2010 versions on the computer, does it matter?

Would appreciate all advice, thanks.

Edited by helppls

Should be this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973923/en-us

Note The Microsoft Download Center update KB numbers for Visual C++ Redistributable packages differ from the SMS, ConfigMgr, WSUS and MU update KB numbers. The full versions of the fixed Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 redistributable packages (KB973544, KB973551, and KB973552) are listed on the Microsoft Download Center only as these are full new versions of the products. The updates listed on SMS, ConfigMgr, WSUS, and MU (KB973923, KB9739234) are updates only for customers who have previously installed vulnerable versions of the Visual C++ redistributable packages. These updates are not the versions on the download center. Microsoft does not recommend customers redistribute any version other than the full versions that can be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center (KB973544, KB973551, and KB973552).

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14431

jaclaz