Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Media Center channels listed as Satellite

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

tka1234

tka1234

• 16 posts
  • Joined 13-April 09
I just got a new TV tuner card for my PC and installed it today. After putting the drivers on my machine, I went to the Windows Media Center initial setup in Windows 7 64bit. All went well and many channels showed up, even some in HD. My tuner supports Clear QAM and Analog and the channels that it is showing are a mix of both (some analog, some digital).

However, as I was going through the channel editor to see if the auto-scan missed any, I realized that all of the "premium" channels were just static... CNBC, Discovery, Disney, HLN, you name it. All I am getting is the basic cable ones - NBC, ABC, etc. On the ones that do not work, it lists the channel name and then "-Satellite" at the end. I am using Comcast Cable service so I think that the auto scan misidentified these channels as satellite ones. Any thoughts on how to get these channels working - get them off Satellite mode?

(Btw, when you try to go to these channels, it gives a red and green static "snow".)
New PC: HP Pavilion H8xt - 3.4 GHz i7 2nd Gen Sandy Bridge - Win 7 64bit - 8GB RAM - 1.5 TB Hard Drive - Sandisk Extreme SSD 120gb - 2GB EVGA GeForce 550Ti - 23" HP LED Monitor
Old PC: GATEWAY 832 GM - 3.0 GHz P4 (Single Core) - 2GB RAM - 250GB HD - Windows Vista - Radeon HD 4350 512MB - 19" LCD
Samsung Galaxy S3, ASUS Transformer tablet

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

tka1234

tka1234

• 16 posts
  • Joined 13-April 09
Edit: Hooked up a set-top box type thing and all of the channels came in, but the HD ones no longer show up. I am going to get a coaxial splitter thing so that I can use it both ways, with and without the box.
New PC: HP Pavilion H8xt - 3.4 GHz i7 2nd Gen Sandy Bridge - Win 7 64bit - 8GB RAM - 1.5 TB Hard Drive - Sandisk Extreme SSD 120gb - 2GB EVGA GeForce 550Ti - 23" HP LED Monitor
Old PC: GATEWAY 832 GM - 3.0 GHz P4 (Single Core) - 2GB RAM - 250GB HD - Windows Vista - Radeon HD 4350 512MB - 19" LCD
Samsung Galaxy S3, ASUS Transformer tablet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users