Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Vista reverse integration + Multiboot issues

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

mjedman1

mjedman1
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-August 10
I have reverse integrated several versions of vista with all of the current updates [link]. I have an install.wim file for each version of vista that I reverse integrated. I merged them into 1 install.wim file [thread] and burned them to a DVD. Now in the vista install if i enter a product key everything goes dandy and it installs the version corresponding with the product key. However if I do NOT enter a product key, instead of showing a list of all of the versions in instal.wim it reads the following error. "Windows could not display the images available for installation." Then kicks you back to the beginning of the DVD.

what I've tried:
Different versions of vista DVD (oem, retail and MSDN?)
Not installing any updates. just installing vista, preforming sysprep, capturing image.
tried with .clg files generated from WAIK and without (I really have no idea what these do)

Other notes:
for now I'm using just x86 installations

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated :]

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

myselfidem

myselfidem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10
Maybe that can help you (example for Windows 7 AIO):

http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__964713

You can inject the default keys inside images or Skip the product key!
For Windows 7 OS: SetProductKey.rar (fr-FR/en-US. Integrate keys).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users