Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

MS Office 2003 Office attachments

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

efly

efly
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 19-September 11
Hello,

I manage a small office of 4-5 PC's running Windows XP. I recently bought a Dell Vostro 3500 laptop for the office running Windows 7. I ran into a problem where emails from Outlook 2003 with small Word/Excel attachments take about 1 minute to send. These are small attachments 40K - 90K. If I zip the attachment the file goes out in a few seconds. I send a text file it also goes out in a few seconds. I removed the anti-virus (Symantec) from the laptop but this didn't resolve the problem. I decided to downgrade the laptop to WIndows XP in case there was some WIndows 7 permission causing an issue. All the other PC's in the office are running Symantec, Windows XP and MS Office 2003 so I figured it might be just some Windows 7 issue. After downgrading to Windows XP and without any Symantec installed the Outlook 2003 still delays when sending Word/Excel attachments, zip files/text files of a similar size go out fine. I've Googled, tried various settings but can't find a solution. I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thank you

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users