Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XPlode 1.01 Dev Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Shotgun

Shotgun

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03

Well, the main reason is that XPlode can't tell that it's an actual file path.

The way to fix this is to not remove any double slashes. So there's going to be a lot of double slashes etc. in the log.

Unfortunately there's a lot of paranoid people.

I'll remove the code that rids the things of multiple slashes.

A recommendation (if I may)...

Why not include in the setup section a Network install yes/no option. I don't know if it will make the coding easier and also provide the required functionality.

Or a netpath='yes/no' option to the execute item.

Just a thought

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Wraith

Wraith

Dr. Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04
No, there's still no way I'd be able to tell if certain parts of the arguments are a file's path.

Removal of slashes it is.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

hevnbnd

hevnbnd

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 06-September 03
Wraith. How long until i can get a release that does not change // to / ?

Everything is working great other than that. I use xpcreate to slipstream all of my hotfixes as it seems a little faster. I have to run XPlode at the T13 mark to get my registry tweaks to work. They don't load if i run them after the T13 mark using. It must have something to do with GM's xpcreate that wont allow them to load. Anyone got any ideas why i cant add entries into the registry after the T13 mark? I can however import all of my registry entries using a .reg file at the cmdlines but not using xpinstall unless i add them before XPCreate runs. Not that big of a deal if no one knows why, cause it works how i have it set up anyhow. Just curious... Just a little info in case anyone else is using this same setup.

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
  • Joined 25-September 03
wow....
XPCreate has no part during Install.
The only mods it does is add lines to the SVCPACK.INF file. That should have no effect.

As Spheris said before, Alot of keys in the registry are transitory and are overwritten or removed all together later on just before restart.

You just said that at T13 the tweaks work, but the next sentence says at the same mark they don't.

I have no idea why Reg entries aren't working right through XPCreate. I personally use an INF, and it works fine
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

hevnbnd

hevnbnd

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 06-September 03
Sorry if i was unclear. If i import a registry entry at the cmdlines it works, however if i run xplode at cmdlines and import a registry entry using xplode it does not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users