Choose a Monitor

pointertovoid

My eyes don't hurt as with my previous screen - but was this an effect of over-compensation, or of fluorescent back-lighting?

Most people don't know they need glasses, or need new glasses; I would go to the local optician to check them. Eyes should in no way hurt with an LCD screen, CCFL or not.

My eyes don't hurt as with my previous screen - but was this an effect of over-compensation, or of fluorescent back-lighting?

Most people don't know they need glasses, or need new glasses; I would go to the local optician to check them. Eyes should in no way hurt with an LCD screen, CCFL or not.

While this is certainly true for me, I've found that you can play with the brightness and contrast to a level that works better for you too.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I know I'd need glasses, and everything about background lighting is true as well...

Having taken this into account, it stays that my new screen hurts less than the previous one.

One drawback: the power cordon sometimes disconnects from the screen when I pivot it.

I'll put something like a Ty-rap to hold it, but actually it was the manufacturer's task.

I really enjoy the huge height in portrait mode. Nice purchase.

• 1 month later...
In portrait (=pivoted) mode, when scrolling fast, horizontal features like text get slightly inclined. I'll check if my more recent video card offers a faster refresh.

Used the screen with a decent video card meanwhile, and this effect disappears. Not a flaw from the screen, hence.