Outlook 2010 Autocomplete Contacts no longer working

Cyrius

Hello everybody,

I have a weird issue on a few clients, including my own system, where the auto-complete contacts no longer save after closing Outlook 2010.

As a workaround, I have been creating an email to every contact in my list then pressing CTRL-K to save it. This does not save after closing it.

Since I have seen a bunch of random fixes for this, I will tell you what I have already tried:

Recreation of Email Profile

Reinstall of Outlook 2010

Deletion of all Outlook 2010 info in C:\Users\csanderson\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache

Deletion of ALL Outlook 2010 AppData

Trying to import all the contacts into the AutoComplete.dat file using NK2View, this refuses to work at all.

Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Then try to backup a windows user profile having the problem, then delete it, then login with the user (to recreate it) and reconfigure outlook and check if it solve the problem. If it doesn't, then it is either the outlook install or a server setting and the next step would be trying the problematic user account on a "working" computer (where another user have no problem using autocomplete) and if it is working then it's linked to the computer if not it is linked to the server.

IMHO, it should be solved by recreating the windows user profile but when you read this, it could be coming from a corrupted mailbox (if using an exchange server).

EDIT:

Actually auto-complete is only kinda working now. It will populate from the Global Address List after a few seconds, but it is not saving outside contacts like it did OOB.

Guess its on to uninstall/reinstall of Office :(

This issue is just bizarre to me...

Edited by Cyrius

• 2 months later...

I should mention I found a fix and it is working now...

BUT the fix is clearing the auto-complete cache, or manually deleting it as sometimes clearing it didn't work.

The file path is %AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache\Stream_Autocomplete.dat

Not too big of a concern for me, but the users threw a fit, but eventually I got them on board.

Cached Exchange Mode toggle did not work, by the way.

Edited by Cyrius