Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Your Browser Matters

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,672 posts

Donator

http://yourbrowsermatters.org/#/home

I wanted to add while this would be a cool idea, it seems to rely too much on browser detection. As an example, i get a 2 with Firefox 7 and NoScript allowing access from the site. But if I disallow scripts from the site, I still get a 2. And some of the "failings" aren't fails, such as:

Does the browser automatically block insecure content from secure (HTTPs) pages? NO

Actually it does, because I have it enabled.

Does the browser filter out scripts on the client to help protect against XSS attacks? NO

It does with NoScript. Although Photobucket has gotten annoying lately with the XSS they started using about a week or so ago.

Of course IE9 tests with a 4 out of 4...
If I change my User Agent in Firefox to IE8, I get 3 out of 4.

It would be better if it actually did test browser security, rather than just reading User Agents and returning static info about them.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Glenn9999

Glenn9999

• PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

It would be better if it actually did test browser security, rather than just reading User Agents and returning static info about them.

It's just a marketing/FUD vehicle Microsoft devised. Firefox 7.01 - 2 of 4, IETab in same - 1 of 4, IE8 alone - 3 of 4. It's a joke, period.

Edit: And proof that it's just reading User Agents. I got a comprehensive list of user agents and started throwing Chrome, Opera, and several mobile devices at it. "We can't give you a score for your browser" was the response. Funny stuff.

Edited by Glenn9999, 12 October 2011 - 05:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN