NEWS - Will Windows-8 UEFI...

submix8c

Not many people may have their hands on the required hardware as most motherboard doesn't even support uefi booting right now. Also i don't see how oems could completly look out users from modding the bios as it already exist for many motherboards.

Anyways, everything I'm seeing isn't really being done by Microsoft. Microsoft has a plan to use UEFI with the next OS, but has largely left it up to the board/BIOS manufacturers to figure out how to do it. As you can imagine, not everyone is on board (no pun intended) with this plan. Many of the smaller integrators like Pegatron, Gammatech, AOpen, etc have no plans for such things (or seem oblivious to the idea) so if they end up going the way of UEFI and SecureBoot, it would be done by someone else in the chain, such as the BIOS manufacturers. :unsure:

Or, as we say here in Brazil: "Tomorrow we'll think about it!". :D

I like it :thumbup

I like to think the people who are building this system aren't completely incompetent and have thought of basic issues like dual booting. Either ways, you should still be able to boot from a plain old BIOS (Win8 or otherwise).