Update List for Windows 11 v23H2 (Updated March 26th 2024)

• 3 months later...

What's the reason for making security updates for Active Directory an exception? It seems to me that this makes the updates incomplete and hence the list unreliable for use in a production environment. If there is some deeply rooted explanation, I would love to know.

Edit: KB2626416 is also a security update for Active Directory Application Mode, yet it's included in your list.

Edited by Legorol

Slight oversight on my part, that update will not be in the lists for this month's final XP lists!

Reason why I decided to exclude certain features is because non-business users will not use them, so that's why I don't include them in the lists.

That reasoning is wrong in my opinion. Firstly, that way you are making your work unreliable and useless in a business environment. There are plenty of small- and medium sized businesses still running XP who would find it very useful to be able to easily get all the XP updates in one package.

Secondly, there are hobbyists, enthusiasts, diehards and others, not necessarily in a business environment, who use XP with a lot of functionality, including Active Directory. Again, you are making your set of updates unreliable for them.

The bottom line is: I don't think you should make a selective decision about which updates your users may or may not want. That choice is your users', not yours. You should create a complete set.

As far as I'm concerned, knowing that you are arbitrarily choosing to exclude certain security updates, and that this is not even mentioned anywhere in an obvious place, just made your list of updates completely unreliable for me. How can I even find out which updates you chose to exclude, so that I can manually download those? Do you have a list somewhere?

If I hadn't accidentally realised that KB2933528 is missing, I would have never known that some security updates are not included in your update list.

I would like to politely urge you to reconsider your policy and include ALL security updates in your list, regardless of what functionality they target. Bear in mind that, as you publish your final XP list, it will become a lasting product that many people will rely on now and in the future.

Edited by Legorol

Advise noted

Sorry, but my lists will only target the end users and not business users, and that's a policy that will never change. Of course you are entitled to your views, and I respect that, but it changes nothing.

Both sides expressed their views and agreed to disagree, and that is great! But Steven, I think Legorol does have a point that it should be made clear to the user that your list is meant for the home user, and even if you don't post a complete list of the hotfixes you do not include, perhaps it would be appropriate in general terms to prominently mention the type of updates that are not included? Just so another user will not be surprised as Legorol was. But then that's just my opinion. [Note: such a warning might indeed already be present somewhere, but I didn't see it when I quickly looked just now.]

Cheers and Regards

• 1 month later...

Please include KB2964358 in the update list. This is a critical IE8 security update for XP SP3 that Microsoft released on 2014/5/1, despite saying they will not release any more security updates for XP.

Security bulletin: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms14-021.aspx

Update description: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2965111

Download page: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42588

The update is available for other combinations of IE versions and Windows versions as well.

Edited by Legorol

• 11 months later...
  • steven4554 changed the title to Update List for Windows 11 v21H2 (Updated 24/08/2021)

This thread used to house Windows XP x64-x86 Update Lists which have been relocated link below, to save time and ask a admin to sticky a newly created thread I thought to replace XP lists with the latest update list for Windows 11.

Anyway, from this post onwards everyone can discuss Windows 11 related stuff like, updates and features and a link will be provided in the first post of this thread.

Windows XP Update Lists have been relocated here

Edited by steven4554

• steven4554 changed the title to Update List for Windows 11 v21H2 (Updated 14/12/2021)