Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

MacOS X Lion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

guoqiang

guoqiang

• 25 posts
  • Joined 01-November 09
After Steve Jobs passed away, what's next?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,252 posts
  • Joined 09-September 01
More of the same, more or less, at least for awhile longer. Then, probably what happened the last time Jobs left - unfortunately, this time Apple can't hire him back again.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

tain

tain

Cyber Ops

• Super Moderator
  • 3,682 posts
  • Joined 24-September 05

Donator

Within the context of other OSs...I hope we see Apple increase their presence in the Open Source community. Jobs' walled garden was one of my chief complaints.

CoffeeFiend

CoffeeFiend

Coffee Aficionado

• Super Moderator
  • 5,399 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04

Jobs' walled garden was one of my chief complaints.

Mine would be having little software available and poor hardware selections (yet at high prices).

More of the same, more or less, at least for awhile longer.

Most likely yeah. I guess it depends on how much control they'll leave to Jonathan Ive now that Job's gone, and if they move in another direction. Personally I think it's just a matter of time, especially with Android eating into their iPhone/iPad market share.
Coffee: \ˈkȯ-fē, ˈkä-\. noun. Heaven in a cup. Life's only treasure. The meaning of life. Kaffee ist wunderbar. C8H10N4O2 FTW.

ROTS

ROTS

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Joined 22-September 12
Mac OS is completly useless, and is basically Apple OS ( another version Linux/Next ) running on top of UNIX. That is it. You can get a clone apple OS, or even boot from Linux, which makes Apple OS another propertory OS like windows.
el.

OSX lion basically has some support for previous PPC products, but once again not all of them can work. It is completely useless, unless you use that one program that workmates are forcing you to buy that version of progam for. Completly useless OS, as of now. Unless somebody can defend. Windows has programs, with integrated file types, and that is what is stopping OSX Intel or PPC and the same thing with the Amiga.

However just because I hate Microsoft alot, like many people. I would prefer an OSX install, over an Windows on my Intel machines. But once again, I have to go threw the trouble of making the installation, and dealing with Wine, and things like that.

Edited by ROTS, 24 January 2014 - 01:03 PM.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,282 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

DUDE! Why are you misinforming, especially on an OLD topic?

See this - you are wrong on a number of levels (see all of the links) -

http://www.msfn.org/...c-os-x-updates/

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN