MacOS X Lion

guoqiang

Jobs' walled garden was one of my chief complaints.

Mine would be having little software available and poor hardware selections (yet at high prices).

More of the same, more or less, at least for awhile longer.

Most likely yeah. I guess it depends on how much control they'll leave to Jonathan Ive now that Job's gone, and if they move in another direction. Personally I think it's just a matter of time, especially with Android eating into their iPhone/iPad market share.

• 2 years later...

Mac OS is completly useless, and is basically Apple OS ( another version Linux/Next ) running on top of UNIX. That is it. You can get a clone apple OS, or even boot from Linux, which makes Apple OS another propertory OS like windows.

el.

OSX lion basically has some support for previous PPC products, but once again not all of them can work. It is completely useless, unless you use that one program that workmates are forcing you to buy that version of progam for. Completly useless OS, as of now. Unless somebody can defend. Windows has programs, with integrated file types, and that is what is stopping OSX Intel or PPC and the same thing with the Amiga.

However just because I hate Microsoft alot, like many people. I would prefer an OSX install, over an Windows on my Intel machines. But once again, I have to go threw the trouble of making the installation, and dealing with Wine, and things like that.

Edited by ROTS