Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Copy-proof' CDs cracked with marker pen

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

xper

xper

Insane Clown

• Administrator
  • 20,139 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01
LONDON (Reuters) -- Technology buffs have cracked music publishing giant Sony Music's elaborate disc copy-protection technology with a decidedly low-tech method: scribbling around the rim of a disk with a felt-tip marker.

Internet newsgroups have been circulating news of the discovery for the past week, and in typical newsgroup style, users have pilloried Sony for deploying "hi-tech" copy protection that can be defeated by paying a visit to a stationery store.

"I wonder what type of copy protection will come next?" one posting on alt.music.prince read. "Maybe they'll ban markers."

:) :rolleyes:

Read full story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Become an MSFN Sponsor Now! Keep Up MSFN Running

Read MSFN Forum Rules
Not a member? Donate here!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

aKaFrEE

aKaFrEE

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 21-October 01
ha..it doesnt suprise me one bit that these giant corporations can be defeated with a friggin marker....

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01
lmfao!!!! thing is now its all over the net... they will start spreading the tracks accross the disc, or integrating it into the files themselves :rolleyes:

is this cactus protection? it can be bypassed by putting the cd in a cd player and then plugging the cd player directly into the sound card heh
i saw shakira in the stores recently with the warning that it might not play in some cd players and WILL NOT play in home computers.
so i went and d/l it and gave everyone i knew who wanted it a copy, out of principle.
this just cracks me up.. like microsofts uncrackable protection, and we all know how and when [b:7b4752cab9]that[/b:7b4752cab9] was cracked :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN