tomasz86

hibernation & USB problems

3 posts in this topic

I've experienced this very annoying problem and wonder if there's any fix for it.

Basically, after I resume from hibernation and use a USB 2.0/3.0 device, it's detected as Full Speed (1.1) so the transfer is very low. To make it work normally (Hi-Speed) I have to restart Windows. After doing so, it's detected as a Hi-Speed device again.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem? It is a bug in Windows 2000 or maybe just a problem related only to my configuration?

Not sure whether this would help or not: it would be more of a workaround than a direct fix for any Windows 2000 limitation, and involves using third-party software; but have you tried using USB Drive Letter Manager? It has various configurable settings for hibernation - see the help page.

Just a though, but did you let the usb device connected when the computer was started (when booting/wking up from hibernate) ?

If you did, i would try removing the device before hibernate and plugging it back after waking up (some bios force speed of usb device to usb 1).