Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

hibernation & USB problems

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Joined 27-November 10
I've experienced this very annoying problem and wonder if there's any fix for it.

Basically, after I resume from hibernation and use a USB 2.0/3.0 device, it's detected as Full Speed (1.1) so the transfer is very low. To make it work normally (Hi-Speed) I have to restart Windows. After doing so, it's detected as a Hi-Speed device again.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem? It is a bug in Windows 2000 or maybe just a problem related only to my configuration?

post-47483-1123010975.png

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bristols

bristols

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Joined 24-September 05
Not sure whether this would help or not: it would be more of a workaround than a direct fix for any Windows 2000 limitation, and involves using third-party software; but have you tried using USB Drive Letter Manager? It has various configurable settings for hibernation - see the help page.

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06
Just a though, but did you let the usb device connected when the computer was started (when booting/wking up from hibernate) ?
If you did, i would try removing the device before hibernate and plugging it back after waking up (some bios force speed of usb device to usb 1).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users