Windows Live Writer Pops Up MS Office 2000 Install

oao

I 've run into a weird problem.

I've been running MS Office 2000 SR-1 Premium (Word only) on Windows XP64.

I've recently installed Windows Live Writer which I use to publish my Blogger blog.

Every time WLW loads IE8 to access the blog, Windows installer pops up and tries to install something from the Office disc.

Suspecting that the Office was configured to install some function on request, I went through the Office components and

uninstalled everything that was not necessary for my use of Word, but this failed at the end of the process with error 1919:

Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source: MS Access Database, ODBC error 6: Component not found in the registry. Verify that the file MS Access Database exists and that you can access it.

I then decided that when WLW popped the installer, to let it demand all the MDAC files that it needed, I collected them and made them available to it and it looked like it installed whatever it needed. Yet WLW continues to pop up the installer and to issue the 1919 error.

I turned on verbose logging for the installer and it produced some logs, one of which I am attaching to this message. I have another log which is probably important, but it is long and the system does not let me attach it.

Perhaps somebody can figure out what's going on here and can advise on a solution.

Thanks.

Office 2000 SR-1 Premium Setup(0002)_MsiExec.txt

• 5 months later...

Solution Extracted: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=60158

This is most probably a problem with the Windows Installer. I have spent a considerable amount of time on this issue. If you log your installation, at the point of the error, the log file shows that it cannot gain access to a certain registry entry and it returns an error. This error in turn returns the 1919 or 1918 error.

Article Q299611 on microsoft.com suggests that it's due to some corrupted ODBC DLL files. It suggests installing MDAC and then retrying the setup with some system configs. See the article for more details.

Article Q299066 on microsoft.com shows this error on XP machines but it's due to an incompatibility with Office. It's worth taking a look at though since you have this problem on XP.

Articles Q292448, Q295000 show a few more causes of this problem.

I suggest you install MDAC26 and Jet4.0 on this machine and then run your setup. This will install the latest ODBC and Jet rivers and just MIGHT get your setup running. Let me know if you have any further progress. Thanks.

I also I have the same problem with the administrative installation unattended and and not able to resolve. :realmad:

Suggest Install Old MDAC 2.8 restart , post Jet 4 SP8 restart, post Office 2000/2/3