someone must stop google

colore

hello

I return to some many innovative and marvelous websites that have been very useful to me and I see that annoying webpage informing me that the website has been acquired by Google.

what is happening with Google?

they acquire small innovative websites and they close them down or "improve them" by making them worse

someome must stop this

they acquire small innovative websites

Welcome to capitalism 101. Corporations have to keep making more and more profit every year for their shareholders. They do so by diversifying their offerings (something Google really sucks at IMO), which is most easily done via acquisitions.

Big parts of adsense/adwords were bought (Applied Semantics, and many others like DoubleClick). They bought Urchin for web analytics. They bought several companies for maps. Youtube was purchased. Big parts of gmail from from aquisitions like Postini. Android (the OS) was bought from Android Inc. The list goes on and on and on. They even bought Motorola's phone division lately.

what is happening with Google?

What do you mean, is happening? Nothing's changed. They've always been like this (e.g. buying DejaNews circa 2001)

someome must stop this

Then I would suggest either outlawing corporations (worldwide), or coming up with a better economic system and convincing everybody to switch to it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No way in H***!

They will have to pry my web site and my server out of my cold dead hands.

Tyranny only survives when good people do nothing.

Spybot Search & Destroy is still a good tool against Double Click and many other malware titles.

It's still FREE and not under the control of Google.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't care to be honest. I only seem to cycle the same few websites over and over. Youtube has become a bit of an annoyance, but then it became annoying when people started doing vlogs. Literally couldn't give a s*** about your day, sorry *down thumb*.

• 2 months later...

As much as I dislike google with a passion and refuse to use their services in a active way,

I dont really understand what the problem is. The best thing you can do to stop Google is not use their services. Most of their services suck anyways. They've been doing so many dumb things that more and more people are throwing them in the metaphorical waste bin.

• 2 months later...

theres many way you can do for yourself if you dislike some web-sites, for example:

to prevent yourself accessing many google stuff,

try adding many google's https' certificates to "Untrusted Publisher List",

after being requested many times since IE4 era,

finally most recent brower implements this banned certificates features.

i'm already done this with most facebook's related sites, (i hate them)

this really improves browsing experience since you're no longer downloading & executing super-bloated javascripts that facebook-related sites forcing to your face.

if the sites is normal http , you can also use powerful/highly-customized proxomitron.

Due the nature of proxomitron apps, this method is not so user-friendly however.

thats the alternatives of what you can do,

if you doesn't have enough previllages to modify hosts file.

• 4 months later...
Guest alex298

Hello,

Google is providing a lot of free services. Some of them are very good. I am using them everyday. Simply stop using the services that you don't like.

Best regards

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

You want to stop google, you need to provide an alternative to them. Right now privacy is a big web issue and google is more about reporting you to the haffy police, then the adman. Google business is goverment, to the common person.

First thing you need to do is block google ad services. Meaning anything google that loads into your web browser, everytime you search. You can actually do this, threw regedit, or somewhere else. I forget how to.

The problem is to get people hooked off, google. So far google has two powers that I still use them for.

1. Google ability to cache webpages

2. Google doc, allows ease of viewing and converting to PDF

Then of course there is the gmail services.

Yahoo was perfect until they demolished geocities, and added a facebook type interface.