Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Unable to set 32 bit color depth.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,845 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
Yes true color mode in monitors IS 16million + colors.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian, 09 November 2011 - 07:19 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

herbalist

herbalist

paranoid independent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Joined 15-December 06
I don't see why it's such a big deal. Unless your system is running on hardware that's marginal even for 98, running 32 bit isn't going to slow performance enough to notice it. I've run 32 bit on all my 98 units save 1, my old 98FE HP which was 24bit. Using the built in Intel 82845 graphics, this PC runs quite well at 1600X900 resolution, 32 bit using an AOC F22 monitor.

I won't claim to know the exact difference between 24 bit and 32 bit. What I do know is that on mine, images look more natural at 32 bit than at 24 bit. To me, that's all that matters.

ScrewUpgrading

ScrewUpgrading

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 22-July 11
Didn't mean to be a jerk in this thread, was just in a bad mood for a few days, was getting zero sleep. My mom had a heart attack and she was in the hospital for 3 days, not sure if she would have to have open heart surgery again, she already has a mechanical heart valve. She's better now, but basically for almost 36 hours she was in a hospital bed with chest and back pain, while the doctors gave her morphine and nitro glyserine, and ran a bunch of tests waiting for her EKG results to improve. Well, she's better now.

Was just venting earlier. Dont mind my ramblings, it's nothing personal intended to anybody. Just had a lousy week.

Edited by ScrewUpgrading, 12 November 2011 - 06:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users