Is Windows 95/98 Free?

FlierMate

Athlon XPs, especially the Bartons, are very good with 9x/ME also.

Uh Athlon XP with 98 IS NOT POSSIBLE because, it would be so fast it would rip the space time continuum.

lol it is possible I used it on an amd xp 2500 barton core. If U do it make sure it has the nforce 2 chipset on the motherboard as nividia supported 9x good with it

Athlon XPs, especially the Bartons, are very good with 9x/ME also.

Uh Athlon XP with 98 IS NOT POSSIBLE because, it would be so fast it would rip the space time continuum.

lol it is possible I used it on an amd xp 2500 barton core. If U do it make sure it has the nforce 2 chipset on the motherboard as nividia supported 9x good with it

Of course it,s possible. I run a Barton core Athlon XP-M 2800+, overclocked @2333 MHz (so, effectively, a 3400+, the max the core supports without getting unstable), with a VIA KT600/VT8237, and have been doing so stably for over 5 years, already. Moreover if you had taken the time to read this list here, you'd be aware I'm far from using the fastest CPU in stable use with 9x/ME. Forget the RAM amounts and look just at the CPU and Motherboard lines.

As for running it on newer hardware, PCs with Pentium 4 processors make excellent 98 units.

In my humble opinion, I would definitely prefer Athlon 64 over Pentium 4 - it's not only newer but also more efficient architecture.