Text replacement question.

Justin90

It took all of 37 seconds to devise this mindboggingly complex :w00t: batch script (actually a one-liner :whistle: ):

@ECHO OFF&FOR /F "tokens=2 delims=^>" %%A IN (testmodel.csv) do echo %%A>>mymodels.csv

Where would I be using this code at jaclaz?

I don't really know where to use it like what program, what part of the program... I'm pretty new to this.

I appreciate your time even though you all are poking fun at me lol.

It's okay I'm a newbie I get it

Edit:

Removed image lol, don't want to keep that on here =o

I tried to save some of the models as testmodels.csv in a text document, and then tried to run the code in cmd prompt (im clueless, just guessing where to use it) and i got "##A was unexpected at this time."

Dang I felt so close to finding the answer, but no more responses...

Thanks for the help if I've exhausted your knowledge on the subject. I appreciate it.

Edited by Justin90

I tried to save some of the models as testmodels.csv in a text document, and then tried to run the code in cmd prompt (im clueless, just guessing where to use it) and i got "##A was unexpected at this time."

Yes :), the snippet I posted should be copied and pasted in a .cmd file.

If you want to run it in a command line (from a command prompt in the same directory where testmodels.csv is) you need to use single percentage signs, as in the following:

Command line:

@ECHO OFF&FOR /F "tokens=2 delims=^>" %A IN (testmodel.csv) do echo %A>>mymodels.csv

Inside a .cmd file:

@ECHO OFF&FOR /F "tokens=2 delims=^>" %%A IN (testmodel.csv) do echo %%A>>mymodels.csv

Here's proof I wasn't lying by the way lol...

I don't get it :unsure:, noone said you were lying, I said that you mistakenly attributed the success of an enterprise to the tool (specifically Alleycode) it was supposedly used to build the site.

In any case what you posted is an UNreadable screenshot of heavens only know WHAT (beacuse it is unreadable).

IF I had doubted your word about your boss making around 2.5 Millions bucks a year, you would hae needed to send me an authenticated copy of his IRS tax form ;) to prove your statement.

jaclaz

In any case what you posted is an UNreadable screenshot of heavens only know WHAT (beacuse it is unreadable).

jaclaz

At a thumbnail size in such low quality, its a wonder why editing out names was even necessary. Except that it can be seen it is MerchantPlus NaviGate. Unfortunately, it is impossible to independently verify the findings using that site since likely both of these cases need to be true:

1. Have an account on that site

2. Have that account on that site

I had indeed found that particular site but alas have no account to log in with. This may be related to the obscure fact that my own website makes absolutely NO money and actually costs me to keep it going. ;)

This may be related to the obscure fact that my own website makes absolutely NO money and actually costs me to keep it going. ;)

Nothing actually obscure, it is obvious: you are simply NOT using Alleycode! ;)

:lol:

jaclaz

LOL! You guys are hilarious. But yes that's his charging terminal for credit cards.

But OK I'm going to try that new code in the cmd prompt in a minute...

If it doesn't work, I found a way to remove the four numbers > off of it, but if i could remove all of it at once that'd be much easier.

All I did was use the replace feature... the first four numbers I ran as **** and then added the >

so replace ****> with nothing = good bye annoying numbers ;)

Edited by Justin90

Well then see his "Website" income actually has NOTHING to do with the coding. It is due to the fact that he charges a buck fifty or more per credit card use......

BTW how can I get the preview pane in alleycode to show transparent images like they should be shown?

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

If it doesn't work, I found a way to remove the four numbers > off of it, but if i could remove all of it at once that'd be much easier.

All I did was use the replace feature... the first four numbers I ran as **** and then added the >

so replace ****> with nothing = good bye annoying numbers ;)

Alleycode supports wildcard characters ! :thumbup:angel

jaclaz