Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Different desktop in each window?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Windashnet

Windashnet

• 44 posts
I am wondering if it is possible to use different desktops such as Unity, KDE, X, etc. on different workspace's and swap between them with the workspace switcher in ubuntu 11.10?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

JedMeister

JedMeister

• PipPip
  • 226 posts
Not that I'm aware of. But again, the Ubuntu forums is probably the place to be asking Ubuntu specific questions.

PS now I think about it, it probably is possible, but how easy would be to set up is probably another matter. Happy to be proven worng though! :)

Edited by JedMeister, 15 November 2011 - 12:56 AM.

Don't forget to comment when your problem is solved - others will be searching for solutions too!
PC1 - "thunder" (it's noisy - that bl**dy DFI chipset fan!)
[CPU] AMDX2 4400+ (skt939 Toledo) @ 2.35GHz [Mobo] DFI LanPartyUT nF4 UD [RAM] 2x1GB Team Xtreem Cronus (Infineon) DDR500/PC4000 @ 235MHz
[GPU] Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB [HDD] 2xWD320GB, 2xWD500GB [PSU] Antec Neo HE 500W [OS] Tri boot: Ubuntu 9.10/XP SP3/Win 7-x64
PC2 - "lightning" ('cause in comparison it's very fast!)
[CPU] Intel C2Q Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (skt775 Yorkfield) [Mobo] ASUS P5W?? Pro [RAM] 2x2GB Patriot Viper DDR1066
[GPU] Leadtek 7800GTX 512MB [HDD] Seagate 1.5TB [PSU] Vantec Ion2+ 500W [OS] Dual boot: Ubuntu 10.04/XP SP3

Windashnet

Windashnet

• 44 posts

Not that I'm aware of. But again, the Ubuntu forums is probably the place to be asking Ubuntu specific questions.

PS now I think about it, it probably is possible, but how easy would be to set up is probably another matter. Happy to be proven worng though! :)

Yea I'll have to try that, thanks.

I've just had good luck getting real usable answers here, whereas many of the other computer forums tend to be full of well shall we say less then usable ideas.

I was also on here tonight looking at a post on the KernelEX thread and saw there is a linux thread here so figured I'd ask a few questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN