Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

SATA/RAID Integration

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

johann83

johann83

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
Has anyone tried to use the SATA integration in the new XPCREATE? I am playing around with it now and I found what seems to be a bug. Well, actually, two things, one of which is definitely a bug. First the "definite" one.
Code removed by request
In the above code as I downloaded it from GM's web site, the IF statement had GOT instead of GOTO. Minor typo and it only matters if you set the DOSATA variable to NO, and since that isn't in the .INI file by default, I doubt many people would have a problem.

Now, the second one, which is a little trickier. Farther down in the :CHECKSAT section it creates several XPCTOEM*.SIF files which are then integrated into the end of the TXTSETUP.SIF file. But it appears to me that these files are created and then deleted before they are used, and so TXTSETUP.SIF does not have the desired SATA section. See code below (not in a CODE block cause I wanted to use colors):
Code removed by request

You can see that the files are deleted at the line in red and then one of them is used at the line in blue. I commented out the line in red and TXTSETUP.SIF then includes the sections for the SATA drivers.

The only other thing that seemed odd was that the SATA stuff is added before the last file in TXTSETUP.SIF and so I'm not sure if this will work correctly. The last [SourceDisksFiles] section is then split by having the SATA stuff stuck right in before the last file in the list. That leaves the last file under a [SCSI] section in my TXTSETUP.SIF, like so:
[SCSI] 
si3112r = "Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller"  

wmvdmoe2.dll
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet due to the other problem above, so I'm not really sure that this last thing is really a problem.

EDIT: Oh, and the wmvdmoe2.dll line above also lost its " = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0" part, so I guess it probably wouldn't work. I don't know what that DLL is, so maybe it wouldn't cause any problem, but I for now I manually put it back the way it is supposed to be my TXTSETUP.SIF. And I'm going to test it out now and see if it works at all.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Matt

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
Two Bugs, Two Points. Thank you. The code has been corrected. Those using SATA drivers should update.

The code should be OK now. However, it looks like there is a problem in your TXTSETUP.SIF. You should have a non-printing character on a line by itself at the end of the file. Verify that this is the case on your source CD. XPCREATE will add TXTSETUP.SIF entries just BEFORE this end of file mark, and nothing after.

Thanks, and please tell how this works out for you.

johann83

johann83

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
The problem in my TXTSETUP.SIF is a result of the fact that I was using the slipstream for DX9 and WMP9. I know you don't support it through XPCREATE, but I had tested it out before and must have used a buggered up copy of the source by accident. I'll correct that now.

But, with my correction to your script and the manual edit to TXTSETUP.SIF mentioned in my previous post, everything worked perfectly, even the SATA integration. I am typing this on my fresh install onto a SATA hard drive, with no need for a floppy etc. Thanks for the quick reply and keep up the good work.

Great program, thanks.
Matt

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
Yes, you're corrections were needed. Please let us know if it works automatically now that XPCREATE has been updated. If your TXTSETUP.SIF has been "tampered" with, add at least a blank line or two at the end, preferably with the end of file character.

Glad we got you this far, and thanks for un-posting the code. (Search engines NEVER forget ... )

johann83

johann83

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
Just a short update. I downloaded the "new" new XPCREATE last night and also fixed up my TXTSETUP.SIF file and re-ran XPCREATE today. And.... It all worked the way it was supposed to. A few more tweaks to my files and my unattended disc will be complete. Thanks again for the great program GM.

Matt

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
Well, it looks like we have another happy customer! Glad we got you going!

Bug resolved, case closed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN