Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

how to install from USB to USB different partitions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

gangbang

gangbang
  • 6 posts
hello guys i have a USB HDD and i want to install xp on one of the partitions by the way i have partitioned the USB it to 4 partitions 3 primary and 1 logical partitions i have sucessfuly installed windows 7 on the first USB primary partition and it worked but installing xp always causes problems and i need xp because my computer is old since i had hard time installing xp i was forced to install windows 7 but i dont have drivers for windows 7 (no sound and display drivers) the second USB partition is logical it has a lot of important files and it has a big encrypted truecrypt virtual image i wanted to install xp on the USB third partition(primary) i tried other xp to usb tools but all of them halted with BSOD i have no CD so i want to install from the fourth USB partion which is primary to my 3 usb partition or from my internal HDD to the 3rd usb partition
how can i do please help.
thank you

Edited by gangbang, 03 December 2011 - 07:51 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dencorso

dencorso

Adiuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Super Moderator
  • 5,757 posts

Donator

Use DiskMod and the USB Boot Watcher, and XP will run fine.

gangbang

gangbang
  • 6 posts

Use DiskMod and the USB Boot Watcher, and XP will run fine.

can you help me what to do with this tools i have no clue thanks.

dencorso

dencorso

Adiuvat plus qui nihil obstat

• Super Moderator
  • 5,757 posts

Donator

Read the entire threads where the utils I pointed you to are, and the links they contain. All you need to know is there.

gangbang

gangbang
  • 6 posts

Read the entire threads where the utils I pointed you to are, and the links they contain. All you need to know is there.

thank you i will try my best if i had problem i will be back.

gangbang

gangbang
  • 6 posts
hello i have had a lot of problems with usbbootwatcher i tried to do according to the instruction but it didn't work BSOD everytime after the restart i even used psexec -i -d cmd.exe to elevate bootwatcher and still gave me BSOD finally after a lot of search i found another easy method to install xp to usb i tried it and it worked smoothly.
thanks for the help though.
here i share the url
http://www.diy-computer-repairs.com/install-xp-usb/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN