Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

MS KB949425 hotfix refuse to install on a windows 2008 SP2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
This is a hotfix by request when i try to install it i get : The update does not apply to your system.
Any idea why it isn't working properly ?

Edited by allen2, 06 December 2011 - 03:42 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
I got around by installing a more recent hotfix : the kb2539648 but i'm still interested if someone has the answer.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,695 posts

Donator

The KB article says that it is only for 2008 (RTM), it could be tripping up on the version if it is looking for something specific to that OS to update. My server doesn't even have this file.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,250 posts
Probably because the original update (949425) was included in 2008 SP2, and thus won't install on an SP2 system as the binary already on the box includes that fix. The first update was released to fix an issue where the IPMI was disabled after OS boot, the second was to fix a deadlock/hang condition in the driver itself.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
I saw that but the file installed was older than the one listed on the KB949425. I was upgrading this because the IPMI device was not working properly (it has the yellow exclamation point) but it didn't fix it anyway. It may be a hardware issue in this case.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,941 posts

Donator

look at the file version 6.0.6001 = Vista Sp1 = Server 2008 RTM, so cluberti is correct and Sp2 includes the fix
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN