Import and Export Data

BhupendraSingh

Hello,

I'm using Window 7 operating system. I have a problem; actually I want to import excel data with some filteration and then export it into csv file, I don't have idea that how to do it ; Is this possible? if it is possible then tell me, is there any tool which could performed this task.

Please give me your valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance!!

You do not "export" data in .csv format, you actually "Save as" .csv the actual spreadsheet (single sheet).

About importing it greatly depends on HOW EXACTLY the soource data is formatted, no way to give you any "meaningful" answer without some DETAILS.

Excel has a built-in import filter for either "fixed length" or "delimited" data, but it's behaviour may be influenced by a number of factors, including repeated separators and what not.

Also in some cases Excel "automagically" determines *something* to be text or date or number and makes the importing procedure more difficult/prone to error.

You may need to use a "more dedicated2 program such as:

http://record-editor.sourceforge.net/Record02.htm

to do an intermediate conversion.

jaclaz

import any type of file such as .csv, .txt, .sql etc. and export that data in any file extension whatever you want.

So it only has to be able to read any format and save in any format? You should have said so sooner, we'd have let you know that magic software doesn't exist?

If you set the bar a little lower, than Excel will do just that (if you know how to use it, much like jaclaz said) with most common formats (or some other programs, for specific given tasks). Anything beyond that will pretty much require you to write your own specialized software for specific jobs.