Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WinSetupFromUSB prepared USB + FAT16 DOS USB - interesting issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

deckoff

deckoff
  • 1 posts
For a reasons known only to few ancient gods my PC will boot only from DOS (free or MS) formatted USB-s. Grub based will be reported unbootable or boot porcess will end with error, other will just freeze the boot process altogether. To the topic:
I tried booting off with a FreeDOS USB , with grub4dos added. It was prepared with HP tool. and grub4dos started via autoexec.bat. I use it to chainload to a USB, prepared with WinSetupFromUSB :)
When the USB boots, I do
map (hd0) (hd2)
map (hd2) (hd0)
map --hook
uuid (to check if I mapped everything correct)
find --set-root /grldr
boot

At this point green.yellow grub screen of WinSetupFromUSB will welcome me :)
Here things can go two ways
1)If I try to boot and DOS-USB is still plugged, the setup will report that TXTSETUP.SIF(as far as I remember) was not found
2) If I plug out the DOS-USB and only the WinSetupFromUSB is plugged, everything will work as normal.
Just anted to let you all know

Edited by deckoff, 08 December 2011 - 11:25 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

pedron98

pedron98
  • 1 posts
cool...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN