Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sameer752003

Installing hyper V in x64 bit edition

3 posts in this topic

Hi, how do u I install Hyper V in x64 bit server 2008.

Activate the Role in the Server Manager. There are 2 Editions, 1 with and 1 without Hyper-V. Maybe you have the version without Hyper-V.

Hyper-V Update -

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=18567

And perhaps this how-to will help.

I was under the impression that x64 (RTM had a "beta" embedded, hence the "update") already had Hyper-V and the x86 (32-bit) was either without or with "command-line control" of an x64 Hyper-V server. Maybe this was the "two flavors" mentioned (32-bit). 32-bit can NOT have Hyper-V, only "control" via RDP of a Server. Only fully available with x64 Server, Enterprise, Datacenter (part of the "core").

Haven't tried any of it yet. Prepping my spanky "new" AMD 64 x2 (Dual-Core) with VT Mobo for some tests.