Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sysdll

Sound Card Problem

4 posts in this topic

I’m having a problem with a Creative Sound Blaster XtremeGamer SB0730. It randomly causes system slowdown and slow booting in Windows XP, Windows 7 and Ubuntu.

It’s not software because the problem was fixed by swapping it with an identical card and the card caused the same problem in 3 different motherboards.

Nothing appears wrong, no bulging capacitors or burn marks.

If anyone has any ideas as to what is causing this or a way to fix it, I’d like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance.

Only thing you can do is to clean the contacts, other than that nothing.

Thanks for the replies. Experience has taught me that if the problem can't be solved on this forum then it's time to replace the hardware and that's what I did.