Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

ImportPatcher - Find and fix dependency problems

- - - - - IP.38_(3/29/2013) IP.39_(7/06/2013)

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Nomen

Nomen

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
I was using import patcher to see if I could get Adobe Audition 1.5 to run. I ran Audition.exe through Importpatcher.37 and then ran the modified file (auditio#.exe) and got the error "Error loading language module". Looking at the import patcher logs, it seems that I'm missing apphelp.dll. I obtained that file and placed it in c:\windows, c:\windows\system, and c:\windows\system32, as well as the directory where I have import patcher (IP). I ran IP again, and this time it created apphel#.dll which I'm not sure what to do with. Auditio#.exe still gives me the same error.

Looking at auditio#.ini seems to indicate something is wrong with ntdll.dll (lots of entries ending in "=") and some entries for Kernel32.dll

[KERNEL32.dll]
BaseDumpAppcompatCache=
BaseFlushAppcompatCache=
BaseCheckAppcompatCache=
BaseUpdateAppcompatCache=

So am I supposed to replace apphelp.dll with apphel#.dll?

What do I do with ipstub.dll?

Is there any hope of getting audition.exe (or auditio#.exe) to run? (yes I have KernelEx installed).

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

loblo

loblo

Oldbie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
As I wrote in the other thread (the Audition 1.5 one), Audition 1.5 doesn't run under 9x. You will have however no problems running 1.0 which is essentially a repackaged CoolEdit Pro 2 and can be used under stock 9x/Me AFAIK. That's what I would suggest, find yourself Audition 1.0 or CoolEdit and use that.

jumper

jumper

2014 All-American Masters HJ'er

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
> So am I supposed to replace apphelp.dll with apphel#.dll? ... What do I do with ipstub.dll?

Please reread post #4, then use ipstub.dll to replace the evil apphelp.dll

> Is there any hope of getting audition.exe (or auditio#.exe) to run? (yes I have KernelEx installed).

You might have better luck using Kexstubs, but you're probably best off taking loblo's advice.
Design feedback requested:
IHAtool - IpHlpApi tester; call various functions and report results
--status-> framework is solid; 22 api's fully supported; preview release coming soon
ComDlg32 wrapper - ComDlgEx meets IpHlpApi wrapper
--status-> PrintDlgExW working in latest SumatraPDF 8^)
Future projects: ImportPatcher40 - dialog interface; Kexter - IP40+Ktree+Kexstubs

jumper

jumper

2014 All-American Masters HJ'er

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
I've been using ImportPatcher.38 for a long time now, so it's about time I post it! :yes:

The key new feature is that Delay-load processing is now optional and defaults to OFF. For Kexstubs users, this is great for finding the minimal set of missing APIs that need to be added to stubs.ini (or Kstub822.ini).

New in ImportPatcher.38:
  • March 29, 2013
  • Delay-load processing made optional
  • Added file and data alignment checking
  • Ordinal import fields reversed in log (to match strings)

ImportPatcher.39 is a first attempt at moving towards a dialog interface. The initial MessageBox is replaced by a dialog box and the settings section of the #.ini file has been removed. (In fact, if there are no missing dependencies, the #.ini file will be empty!) The log file output remains the same.

New in ImportPatcher.39:
  • July 6, 2013
  • Expanded first MessageBox into fuller DialogBox
  • Added export forward patching

Edited by jumper, 13 February 2014 - 05:34 PM.

Design feedback requested:
IHAtool - IpHlpApi tester; call various functions and report results
--status-> framework is solid; 22 api's fully supported; preview release coming soon
ComDlg32 wrapper - ComDlgEx meets IpHlpApi wrapper
--status-> PrintDlgExW working in latest SumatraPDF 8^)
Future projects: ImportPatcher40 - dialog interface; Kexter - IP40+Ktree+Kexstubs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN