Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Hard Drive Temperature

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ajcarter

ajcarter

• 10 posts
  • Joined 16-February 04
Does anyone know of any freeware utility that will monitor and display the operating temperature of hard drives. Maxtor and Seagate ATA S.M.A.R.T. drives are what I am using at the moment.
I downloaded HDD Health from http://www.panterasoftware.com/ and it is telling me that one of my hare drives is having crc errors and the other has had an over temp incident.
Thanks for any input.
AJ
I realize that I have a type in the subject line HD not JD

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ajcarter

ajcarter

• 10 posts
  • Joined 16-February 04
Follow up on the previous post. I discovered that the utility that I mentioned can tell me the temperature of my drives and can be set to alert me if they exceed any value that I set.
I am still interested in exploring any other utilities.
AJ

Conan

Conan

I'll be back!

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Joined 16-December 01
Speedfan is pretty good: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb.

Cronos XP

Cronos XP

• 31 posts
  • Joined 24-February 04
I recomend you using Motherboard Monitor 5. This link is for download. You have it all: temperatures of CPU, chipset, hard drives and any other sensors (even external ones monitored via connectors for additional fans), fan speed monitoring, voltages, cpu frequency, alarms, email notification (very useful if let's say you're at work and your PC's on-line back home, logging capabilities and system tray display options.
Skia kai Skone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users