Cyrius

Disallow user email deletion

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a way to disallow permanent email deletion. I want users to be able to delete their emails and move it to the deleted folder, but not permanently delete.

Or as an alternative, I would like to remove the Folder Options button from the ribbon, which would block 'Recover Deleted Items' with the option to 'Purge' emails.

I have the Office14 ADM template, and I can remove folders from the ribbon, BUT Microsoft's link to the ribbon object IDs is a deadlink, and I have been unable to find any information on it elsewhere.

If these ideas seem like overkill or something, let me know what you do in your business!

Thanks!

Have you looked at handling this on the email server instead of the client?

Well, that is where I am looking, but I was looking for a domain policy. Is there a better way to do it?

I am also looking at an email archiver, primarily the Barracuda Message Archiver because a colleague recommended it, but I don't know if I will be able to sell it to management.

OK just asking since this topic seems misplaced then. I have not tried using Exchange or a physical email client in a domain before.

I'm looking up some things, check them out. I don't know if they are of any help. :unsure:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178946.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16760

I am going to probably go the archiver route, there doesn't seem to be a good way to do this via exchange server side.

Thanks for the help!