Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Q823718 & wmp9

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

data0002

data0002

• PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 23-June 03
I know this question has prob been asked before in this section but how do i get the Microsoft Data Access Component hotfix to silent install in xplode i.e. line entery & ext. same with window media player 9 with out asking to turn off systerm restore.

With Thanks

Paul

data0002

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

affidavit

affidavit

Junior

• Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 05-February 04
im not sure... havn't messed with xplode.. but i don't think that Q823718 is needed anymore
unless----->
"14th January - Q832483 added, this replaces the previous MDAC update (823718). For certain people who install the full MDAC 2.8 - you will also need to install this update as it applies as well."
----this is on the following page... its pretty sweet... lists all updates needed of now.. (and is updated if new updates are released)

http://www.MSFN.org/...ic=8741&hl=list

i don't know about xplode.. but i have this update ran from my svcpack.inf.. but it can't be opened with the switches directly from the svcpack.inf file.. you have to have a it called out in then form of a cmd file...
and in the cmd file it has to be listed like ---> Q832483.EXE /C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /q

or.. you could have the same cmd file used under your runonce...

(im sure this applies to Q823718 as welll...)

and about the wmp9... i think there is a switch that can be used to not do the system restore junk... not sure of it at the moment.. will check into it real quick.. but if you are installing the new movie maker 2 as well along with the wmp9... i would sugest getting this file

http://www.personal....MP9_MM2_ENU.exe

it is a pack that contains both media player 9 and movie maker 2... that requires no switches and runs completely silent.... i find it to be a pretty good aproach on my slipstreamed xp pro corp...

in this file.. i believe the system restore problem is taken care of... i wouldn't put it in writing cause i am not sure.. but.. i have used it and have no problems with the install at any time... and its nice because it needs no switches... only needs to be ran.. and can be ran from any point durring the setup (cmd, runonce, or svcpack i know of anyways)

hopes this helps.. and if not... oh well.. fingers got some exercise.. :)
-affidavit

data0002

data0002

• PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 23-June 03
thanks for the reply will give it ago

affidavit

affidavit

Junior

• Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 05-February 04
your welcome
yea.. i would give it a shot.... works great for my disk anyways..
i didn't have any problems with it... but if anything pops up thats givin' you a problem ill try and help with it

-affidavit
-affidavit

visaversa

visaversa

Face it...

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Joined 14-October 03
here you go
<execute display='Applying 832483...'  program='%SOURCEDRIVE%\postinstall\Hotfixes\Q832483.EXE' arguments='/C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /q' />
and for WMP9
<execute display='Installing Media Player..' program='%SOURCEDRIVE%\PostInstall\wmp9\MPSETUPXP.exe' arguments='/Q:A /R:N /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoPID /DisallowSystemRestore"' />

data0002

data0002

• PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 23-June 03
Thank you to both of you, both ways worked

Paul
Data0002

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN