Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

JMicron NDIS drivers?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Supervisor
  • 10,203 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I am working on a project that required me to Ghost a hard drive. We stopped using Ghost on hardware over a year ago, so our Ghost boot keys do not have drivers for newer hardware. I resolved my Ghosting issue by finding an old motherboard that worked, so this is not a great need. However this topic is about a JMicron NIC, which is in the Clevo W150HNQ notebook. First I never heard of a JMicron NIC but that is besides the point. Using the driver downloaded from Clevo's FTP site, it did include an NDIS2 folder, which was what I used to adapt into the Ghost USB key. The unfortunate thing is that the connection speed was unacceptable!

Posted Image

So I'm posting this here in case anyone ever runs into this but I had a question. Is the link speed determined by the driver (.dos) file or can it be set by some other means, such as the protocol or system.ini?
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,615 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
Using the Default PROTOCOL.INI (no entries)? The README.TXT contains a bit of info... no info on defaults, however. SYSTEM.INI is for a running Win9x Win3x.

Edited by submix8c, 19 January 2012 - 08:29 AM.

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06
The speed and duplex are set in the file protocol.ini.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users