Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tripredacus

JMicron NDIS drivers?

3 posts in this topic

I am working on a project that required me to Ghost a hard drive. We stopped using Ghost on hardware over a year ago, so our Ghost boot keys do not have drivers for newer hardware. I resolved my Ghosting issue by finding an old motherboard that worked, so this is not a great need. However this topic is about a JMicron NIC, which is in the Clevo W150HNQ notebook. First I never heard of a JMicron NIC but that is besides the point. Using the driver downloaded from Clevo's FTP site, it did include an NDIS2 folder, which was what I used to adapt into the Ghost USB key. The unfortunate thing is that the connection speed was unacceptable!

th_2012-01-17134720.jpg

So I'm posting this here in case anyone ever runs into this but I had a question. Is the link speed determined by the driver (.dos) file or can it be set by some other means, such as the protocol or system.ini?

Using the Default PROTOCOL.INI (no entries)? The README.TXT contains a bit of info... no info on defaults, however. SYSTEM.INI is for a running Win9x Win3x.

Edited by submix8c