- Require Domain users to elevate when setting a network location
- Route all traffic through the internal network
but these settings simply do not appear for me. I have only four items available to me:
- Windows Firewall (folder)
- Prohibit installation and configuration of Network Bridge on your DNS domain network
- Prohibit use of Internet Connection Firewall on your DNS domain network
- Prohibit use of Internet Connection Sharing on your DNS domain network
My google-fu is failing me when I try to find any explanation as to why those two settings are missing. I checked out the NetworkConnections.admx file that's on the local pc that I'm creating the GPO on and I do see references to the two settings in question, but they just don't show up for me to configure them. Now I know when push comes to shove, I know the registry entries that they ultimately modify so I know I can resort to a registry edit if I have to, but I'd like to understand why those settings are missing. I tried updating my RSAT, I tried updating the ADMX files, I've tried editing the group policies from a 2K8 R2 server, but no luck.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!