Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Miffed about the firewall?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

dubsdj

dubsdj

MCITP

• PipPip
  • 238 posts
Hi, I'm slightly miffed about the internal firewall in my default domain policy..

I have enabled the domain profile on all computers in my domain (includes servers)

why is active directory still working perfectly? I have set the block all except specified ports. However the only inbound port I have had to open so far is port 83 for my RDweb.
I'm not complaining, but I'm just a bit surprised because I'm sure AD uses a load of ports to replicate etc.. I was expecting to see a ton of erros in the eventvwr... but nothing... just info messages no warnings.

I said yes to Exempt ICMP from ipsec but I found that clients can ping servers but servers cant ping the clients??..

a bit confused..

Edited by dubsdj, 23 January 2012 - 04:38 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dubsdj

dubsdj

MCITP

• PipPip
  • 238 posts
Just thought is it really worth the hassle. I have a corporate firewall which is pretty good...

disabled Domain Internal Firewall..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN