Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Problems with XPCreate

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

dancer58

dancer58
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 23-February 04
1> The first problem I encountered was when XPCREATE went to download hotfixes. It never did the downloading so I had to cancel. I went to Microsoft and downloaded all one at a time (glad thats over)

2> The next problem gave me a message "Invalid SED file format" "use wizard to create (I think it could not find the file)

3> At the end I got a message "Invalid number of parameters"

I went ahead and burned a CD but don't know if it will work

I am using the latest version of XPcreate

Can anyone give me any clues as to whats wrong????

Thanks
Harold

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

daywalker03

daywalker03

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 20-February 04
1: The new version doesn't download, yet.

2: I get that error every few times I run XPCREATE. I haven't quite figured out why.

3: Can't help with this one. I haven't encountered it.

Best I can say is wait for greenmachine to reply. He should know what to suggest.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
Welcome dancer58!

As daywalker03 suggested, if you were waiting for XPCREATE to download, you are not using the latest version. If you cancel the download (non existant on ANY version at the moment) and continue, don't even bother loading the ISO. Results are, at best, unpredictable.

Error 2 is due to problems when creating a IExpress package. (Almost) all non Type I & Type II hotfixes are repacked. One of these could be (and this is the most usual case) corrupted.

The third error I do not understand, but until I am sure about what code you are running, I'm not going to try to track it down.

I suggest you download XPCREATE again, extract the contents to an EMPTY directory, move your patches to the new directories, and try again ... Unless I did a big boo-boo, XPCRATE should not try to download anything, should not present you with an ugly User Interface, and should work like a charm.

Give it a shot, and please post your findings!

dancer58

dancer58
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 23-February 04
Thanks for the reply

I am running 22.01.2004 (XPCreate)

I am on 2 drives with XP home and the other XP pro
Same results on both

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03

... I am running 22.01.2004 (XPCreate) ...

The latest, undated version is timestamped 22 FEB 2004. (Is that what you meant?)

Again, if you see a download dialog box, something is amiss from the get-go. Do you still?

dancer58

dancer58
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 23-February 04
I was running an old version

I still have the SED problem

I think the file is not there. Not sure what the file is except it is ".sed"
a message says to run IE Wizard. Don't know what it is

daywalker03

daywalker03

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 20-February 04
@dancer58 Did you extract the new version over the old one? I would rename the old directory, then extract the new into C:\. You should get a C:\XPCREATE with the required layout. Then copy the hotfixes and service pack into it and try that way.

dancer58

dancer58
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 23-February 04
I did that the last time

Any other sugestions?

Thanks

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
One of the files in SVC-X2M is incorrect/corrupt/fubared. You can pull them all out, and add them back one at a time, and you should find the guilty party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users