MS Support for Vista Ending!

JorgeA

no, MS only updated the support pages because they were confusing and didn't show that also home editions get security updates when products are in extended support.

Really? I didn't know that by now.

Yeah, I didn't know that either. Reading the support page one sure got the impression that, as of April, Vista Home editions would be pretty much abandoned.

Anyway, this is a big relief.

--JorgeA

Reading the support page one sure got the impression that, as of April, Vista Home editions would be pretty much abandoned.

I think that's why MS changed it. But the time was not a good idea. Now some users think MS doesn't believe in Windows 8 :lol: MS has the talent make easy things complicated and this results in bad press :lol: :lol:

Now some users think MS doesn't believe in Windows 8 :lol:

Hey, MS wouldn't be alone not to believe in Win 8 :lol:

Personally, I'd rather pay the price of a Win8 license for another 10 years of continued support for Win7 x64... if only they would let us :(

As for Win8, unless they end up letting us disable Metro (we'll see for sure in a week's time), I wouldn't upgrade to it even if it was a free upgrade.

As for Win8, unless they end up letting us disable Metro (we'll see for sure in a week's time), I wouldn't upgrade to it even if it was a free upgrade.

CoffeeFiend,

Yeah, they'd have to pay ME for the time I'd be wasting on the extra clicks needed to get so many useful things done.

--JorgeA

I am assuming that mainstream Windows Vista SP2 support will end in April of this year? However, this article states...

Prior to this change in policy, Mainstream Support for Windows Vista would have run out in April of this year. Support for all users has now been extended through to 2017. Windows 7 was originally looking at a Mainstream Support end-date of 2015.

I am hoping it is true. Vista deserves longer mainstream support...

• 7 months later...

I just found this article from 2007. It looks like MS may originally have intended to cut off Vista in 2012, including security updates.

--JorgeA

although that might have been an overreaction by some who think MS will end Vista support that soon.

Microsoft is still providing new security patches for Vista until April 2017 as long as Vista users have SP2 installed on their machines.