Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

My computer won't see my router, but everyone else does.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson

• PipPip
  • 171 posts
I have lost my internet and when I go to connect wirelessly, my router doesn't show up, but my neighbors' routers show up.

I decided to put in my spare USB wireless adapter and same issue. It doesn't show my router.

All three of my other computers find it just find and both of my internet weather stations find it.

I went looking through network settings and couldn't seem to find anything blocking my router. I found the saved internet connections page and cleared all of the entries out.

Not sure where to find such an option.

Any clues, comments, ideas?
-=Math=--
Intel P67 Extreme (DP67BG) * 16GB (4 X 4GB)G.Skill DDR3-1600 * Powercolor Radeon HD5870 LCS+ * 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD * Danger Den Torture Rack * Intel i7 2600K 3.6GHz @ 4.4GHz * Corsair 850watt

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

5eraph

5eraph

Update Packrat

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,140 posts

Donator

Is your router set up to broadcast its SSID? Mine was not when I first tried connecting my Windows 7 laptops. Even when given the SSID manually, along with the encryption type and password to use, they would not find my network. That is, not until I set the router to broadcast its SSID... then the laptops connected. After this I was able to run the router invisibly, without broadcasting its SSID.

Edited by 5eraph, 01 February 2012 - 03:48 PM.

MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson

• PipPip
  • 171 posts
I took the adapter and plugged it into my wired PC and it still wasn't working.

I reset the router with the reset button this time and all is well.

Must have had a glitch in the router blocking the one PC.

Thanks for the help
-=Mark=-
Intel P67 Extreme (DP67BG) * 16GB (4 X 4GB)G.Skill DDR3-1600 * Powercolor Radeon HD5870 LCS+ * 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD * Danger Den Torture Rack * Intel i7 2600K 3.6GHz @ 4.4GHz * Corsair 850watt

5eraph

5eraph

Update Packrat

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,140 posts

Donator

Nothing fixes network problems quite as thoroughly as power-cycling. :)

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,019 posts

Nothing fixes network problems quite as thoroughly as power-cycling. :)

Do not underestimate the effects of intimidating hardware too ;) (though routers - generally speaking - are a bit tough) :
http://www.msfn.org/...ect/page__st__8

jaclaz

Cyrius

Cyrius

• 41 posts
My guess is that resetting made it broadcast in mixed mode by default, and that it previously was using a standard the adapter could not recognize.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN