NV40 GeForce 6800 - I was unable to test it
NV43 GeForce 6600 - Works very well with 77.72 and 71.84. The 81.98 comes with shutdown problems.
NV43 GeForce 6200 - The initial release of the 6200 came from degraded 6600 chips - untested but should work.
NV44 GeForce 6500 - no entry in the inf section, support unknown
NV44 GeForce 6200 - I'm not sure if all the PCI-E 6200 NV44 came with the Turbo Cache function. In any case these do not seem to be working correctly.
NV44a, NV44a2 GeForce 6200 - I do not know if they are available in PCI-E versions. According to my research they should be just in AGP and PCI versions.
I've been testing the cards on HP DC7100 with Intel 915 chipset. But, I did not test the 3D functions.
I'm curious about:
- Do the official Nvidia packages provide support for the NV40 and NV43 chips with PCI-E? Or perhaps it is possible to use the NV44 as well.
- Are there NV44 PCI-E 6200 cards without Turbo Cache?
- Are there NV44a and NV44a2 PCI-E 6200 cards?
- NVidia GeForce 6200 cards with Turbo Cache are not working correctly in Windows 98 with both official and unofficial drivers.
- Nvidia official driver support ends at GeForce 6800. Compatible Hardware with Windows 9x
- The GeForce 6800 NV40 chip is the oldest one from the GeForce 6 series. The newest is NV44 61xx,6200,6500. The NV43 6600 is clearly supported in the official Nvidia drivers. Wkipedia - GeForce 6 Series
This post has been edited by Sfor: 05 February 2012 - 03:06 AM