Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

File Placement

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
well i removed the screen shots and just left the error trying to rem the problem wll let you know how it goes and thanks again guys

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
does any one know how to put the files in the right places please help and if green machine is on maybe he can help thanks guys and if any has wrote a xpcreate guide i would love to see it

johann83

johann83

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
You may want to try posting this in the XPCREATE forum. Also, I don't see what is wrong with what GM has on his site. It very specifically tells you where to put the files. Are you looking here?

Regards,
Matt

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
yes i did use that and had massive errors could not get a screen shot of it
if any addministrators read this please move to the xpcreate fourm thanks also he says you need a file called winnt.sif and cmd something where do you find these files mind you this is my first attemp with this program i heard many good things about it i hope some one can help thanks again

johann83

johann83

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
Well, I used the latest version of XPCREATE over the weekend by following that directory structure and I had no problems. It might help to explain what kind of "massive errors" you had.

As far as a Winnt.sif file, you need to create one either by hand or using the instructions found here. I'm not sure about the "cmd something" you refer to however. Hope this helps you.

Matt

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
thanks will continue to lookinto this

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
ok guys i inclueded some screenshots for you to look at here please let me know where every thing goes as i have tried to follw gm's guide on his site and i have came up with massive errors if any one can help please do and if you have any other advice please post it thanks just tring to fig out where every thing goes

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
delete

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
delete

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
delete

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
delete

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
can a administrator put all the post i put up on here for green machine be put into one did know how to do so thats why i post all me screen shots like this sorry

Thanks

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
I agree with the others.
GM's site clearly tells where to put files.

Just match up the KB numbers.

Jono

Jono

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
why not post your diffrent screenshots as replys instead of new topics :)

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
thanks but it's too late i think as i all ready posted them

thanks

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
delete

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
delete

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
delete

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
delete

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
here are all the files please look them over and if an administrator can delete the other post on here thanks

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
screen2

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
Thanks for adjusting this post for me hope some one can help with the problem im having

mdes

mdes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Open a DOS console
  • Go to the root of your folders (F:\XPCREATE)
  • Type in "DIR/S/B | SORT >x.txt"
  • Edit x.txt to delete everything starting with F:\XPCREATE\CDROOT, F:\XPCREATE\NEWFILES and F:\XPCREATE\TEMP
  • Post this file
Thanks.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developers
  • 3,062 posts
That's too much for me ...

Unless you are trying to Stress Test XPCREATE (It'll pass.) there is no reason to install all of that. I test the updates that are deemed "critical" and "recommended" by Microsoft. I strongly suspect you have updates in your set for hardware that you do not have.

If you really fell the need to install hotfixes and updates that I have not tested, my only suggestion to you would be to use the files I have tested, listed on the Current Hotfixes Section of the site, and add the files you deem necessary one at a time, testing and verifying. A long and tedious process ... similar to what I did in creating that list.

Good tip, mdes, for the directory listing. In general, I will look at posted error messages, but I honestly did not read more than a few file names of an image. I'm fond of DOS boxes and .TXT files ...

Famer

Famer

Aka Snake Plissken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
will look into this guys and if i can wil post the error i get

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN