Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

how to add recovery console for unattended xp in source i386

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

polas4

polas4
  • 5 posts
Ok what i need only to know how to add recovery console into xp source for unattended xp.
This is all what i want to know but i need tutorial.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

5eraph

5eraph

Update Packrat

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,141 posts

Donator

You should always have "Press F2 to run Automated System Recovery (ASR)". But for the option "To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console," that comes later during setup you must remove the [Unattended] section in WinNT.sif, which means it will no longer be a totally unattended setup.

You'll have to accept the license agreement once during text-mode setup and again during GUI setup. You won't be able to use the $OEM$ distribution folders. And you won't be able to slipstream drivers using OemPnPDriversPath.

Edited by 5eraph, 06 February 2012 - 06:53 PM.

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,024 posts
Depending on the media used and on a few other requirements that might make the difference it should be possible - by using a bootmanager such as grub4dos to have more than one WINNT.SIF, and thus choose between the UNattended (BUT with NO recovery console) and an attended (BUT WITH recovery console) or, more simply - and this is definitely possible - add an "independent" recovery console.

jaclaz

cdob

cdob

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

how to add recovery console into xp source for unattended xp.

Recovery console is integrated already: press F10 at F6 message.

sanjeev18

sanjeev18

Great Helper

• Pip
  • 71 posts
if you done this recovery console will come but your unattended windows xp will not be unattended ... i tried my best but i can only make serial key unattended .. all remaining are attended ../../public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif

Edited by sanjeev18, 07 February 2012 - 07:48 AM.

Please Help Others

polas4

polas4
  • 5 posts
Ok i got it so it is not a good idea.
But tell me that.
Is it possible to add iso live boot cds to xp source like rescue boot cds i really wanna to know if it is possible where to start ?

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,024 posts

Ok i got it so it is not a good idea.

Well, NO, it is a GOOD idea and it is perfectly possible.
The posts in this thread say THREE different things:
  • if your CD is unattended you won't be asked to press R to get to the built in Recovery Console
  • it is possible to ADD a separate instance of Recovery Console to XP install CD by using a bootmanager
  • the recovery console is there allright on unattended CD's, only you won't be prompted to "press R" BUT you can access it with F10 when prompted for F6 to add drivers

Some reference:
http://www.msfn.org/...ole-and-repair/

Fourth one is not clear, doesn't descirbe WHAT has been attempted and the results reported are different from those in the above reference thread, which contents have been verified.

Recovery is NOT Repair and Repair is NOT Recovery.

But tell me that.
Is it possible to add iso live boot cds to xp source like rescue boot cds i really wanna to know if it is possible where to start ?

Yes.
http://homepage.ntlw...no-answers.html

Start here:
http://reboot.pro/forum/66/

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz, 07 February 2012 - 01:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN