Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Shelax

doqwngrade server 2008 r2 x64 to server 2008 sp2 x86

5 posts in this topic

hi,<br /><br />i /><br />br />!  

Edited by Shelax

What led you to conclude that downgrading the OS on the server would be your fix? Did you create a Server 2008 R2 domain functional level instead of one of the older types when you set it up?

+1 - if it's a domain that's at 2008 R2 DFL, you aren't going back at all. I don't understand the reasons for the request to downgrade anyway, so perhaps that's a better question/scenario to be working on troubleshooting.

bcoz of lots of users and complicated permissions applied to several objects

Like others said, I don't see how that solves anything. Permissions (ACLs) work the same, so that wouldn't fix anything. Fixing permissions can't be that hard really (if you do it right).

if starting from first step to end it's like wasting time!

If you need a step-by-step guide and are in a hurry then you may want to consider hiring a consultant locally. It's not like you can realistically expect someone to spell out all the steps in the exact order for you (especially for a server downgrade which is a rather uncommon operation)

downgrade is necessary!

please help me! if starting from first step to end it's like wasting time!

why? which issue do you have?